diciannove

'he told me to run and never look back.'

elora

four days.

four days since i got home.

four days since i was in the woods that night.

four days since i shot that guy.

four days since i last saw mattia.

four days since mattia's death.

i'd cried myself to sleep. i didn't know what to do.

when i got home my mom bombarded me with questions. i didn't answer them all i did was ask her to leave.

right now, gia had said she was going to come over and see me since she hasn't seen me in ages.

at first, i didn't want her to come over and see me but i finally agreed since i could do with the company.

"so, how have you been?" gia asked as she sat in front of me.

i shrugged. i wasn't about to tell her that i may of lost the guy that i.. love.

jesus. i love mattia.

"oh um, good. i guess. you?" i answer.

"good, good. alejandro has asked me out on a date. we're going tomorrow. i don't know where though." she chuckles.

i smile at her. "sounds, awesome."

"what's wrong?" she wonders as she rubs my arm. i look up at her and raise my eyebrow.

"what do you mean?" i bitterly chuckle.

"theres something , elora. tell me." she pleads and i sigh.

"gia. i told you. there's nothing wrong." i huff and stand up, getting fed up. gia also stand up and faces me.

"yes there is. i'm not dumb. i've been your best friend for eight years! i know when there is something wrong with my best friend!" she yells.

"he's dead, gia! mattia's dead!" i shout and the expression on her face softened. "and it's all my fault."

"what? how is he dead?" she asks and i broke down. i couldn't hold it in anymore. tears spill from my eyes as gia brings me in for a hug.

"i'm so sorry." she whispers as i burry my head into her neck.

"w-we had to run away. mattia did something stupid. he said that he'd pay mariano eighty thousand just so he'd leave me alone, but mariano wanted more. the fucking greedy bitch wanted more money! he wasn't happy with eighty thousand so he wanted a million and mattia didn't have that kind of money.

mattia and i ran away to some motel and were planning on fleeing the country but we didn't get there in time. we were walking through the woods and he told me to run. he told me to run and never look back. and so i did. i ran as fast as i could and never looked back. and then i heard a gun shot. i knew it was him."

i finished.

"i am so sorry, elora."

"i-it's fine. don't worry. i just know that he's in a better place now."

and one of the sad things about mattia being dead is that i had no pictures of him. apart from the ones where he's been in the news papers. i had nothing of him.

short chapter. sorry.
is it me or does anna oop have favorites?