Two

Chapter Two| Leona
👑

My office door swings open and Ben walks in with a huge smile on his face. I release a tired sigh and push away my paperwork.

"What now?"

"You have a meeting with a Mr Dario Tahan." I furrow my eyebrows. "Well he requested one and I accepted on your behalf." My eyes widen.

"Why would you do that, Ben? I'm tired, cancel it and reschedule for tomorrow." I wave my hand and then take a sip of my coffee.

I look back at Ben and he gives me an awkward smile.

"Don't kill me, Leo." He whispers and I slowly close my eyes. "He should be here in five minutes."

"Ben, you have two seconds to get out of my office before I punch you in the face!" I grit my teeth and his eyes widen before he scurries out.

Who the hell is Dario Tahan? I question my self and then there's a knock at the door.

I freeze.

It knocks again.

Then my phone begins to ring. I answer it while staring at the double doors.

"Yes?"

"Answer the door, he's standing right outside." Ben whispers harshly before hanging up. I slowly get up from my chair, brushing down my leather pencil skirt before making my way over to the door.

I slowly open the door and my eyes widen at who is standing in front of me.

The mysterious man from last night is Dario Tahan.

Great.

A smirk etches onto his face and he raises his eyebrow. "You going to let me in, princess?" He tilts his head and I clench my jaw.

"My name is Leona not princess." I clarify, stepping to the side and letting him in. I don't forget to glare at Ben before shutting the doors.

I compose myself before turning around and making my way over to my desk, however, I freeze when I spot Dario sat in my seat.

No, no, no.

"Get out of my seat, Mr Tahan." I raise my eyebrows at him and he leans back, crossing his leg over his knee.

"It's lovely to see you again, Miss Goodwin." He says in that deep voice of his and I gulp.

"What do you want?" I make my way over to my desk and stare down at him.

"There are many answers to that question." He winks and I roll my eyes.

"If you have come here to waste my time then get out of my office." I cross my arms over my chest.

I watch as his eyes fall to my now pushed up breasts so I unfold my arms.

"Go on a date with me." I scoff at his words.

"Why the hell would I go on a date with you?" I laugh a little and he smirks. "If you're anything like those men that you invited yesterday then I will happily decline. Now get up and get out." I roll my eyes but he doesn't move.

"I checked the cctv this morning, I know who harassed you last night and they have been dealt with." He tells me sternly and I tilt my head.

"Look no offence but I'm a busy woman, I don't have time for silly dates." I release a small sigh.

"Well it's a good thing I don't do silly dates then, isn't it?" He says confidently, brushing down his suit jacket.

He stands up and I stare up at him as he makes his way over until he's standing right in front of me.

"I don't mean to be rude but how old are you?" I question him.

"Thirty-nine." My eyes widen. "What? You don't like an older man, princess?" He tilts his head.

"I never said that." I whisper and then mentally scold myself because I've basically told him I like older men. "Look I just find it odd why all of a sudden you want to take me on a date."

"Why not? You caught my eye, you're an attractive woman." He shrugs.

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint you but I will not be going on a date with you." I walk over to the doors and open them, showing him the exit.

He walks over and stands in front of me again. "I'm not one to give up, I'm a very determined man."

"Yeah? And I'm a very stubborn woman, have a lovely afternoon, Mr Tahan." I nod, slamming the door in his face. "Gosh." I whisper, rubbing my forehead.

•••

The following morning I walk out of the lift and spot Daisy, the receptionist.

"Hi, Daisy." I say, giving her a warm smile.

"Hello, Miss Goodwin, these came for you." She holds a large bouquet of roses and I frown.

"Are you sure?" I take them from her and look at the little note which has 'princess' written on it and that's it.

I sigh, knowing exactly who it is.

"I didn't know you had a man." She wiggles her eyebrows and I stare at her.

"I don't." I sigh and make my way to my office.

I make eye contact with Ben and hand him the flowers, his eyes widen as he takes them from my hand. "You deserve them. For booking appointments at last minute." I give my best friend a sarcastic smile and he chuckles.

"Appreciate it." He winks and a sly smirk forms on his face.

"What is that look?" I squint my eyes, suspicious.

"Nothing." He shrugs and goes back to typing on his computer.

"Weirdo." I whisper, picking up some folders from his desk before stumbling into my office.

"Hello, princess." I jump, dropping the folders on the ground.

What. The. Fuck?!

"What the hell are you doing here, again?!" I exclaim, leaning down to pick up the folders.

"My company is the floor above yours, thought I'd pop in and say hello." He grins, running his hand through his hair before playing with the chain around his tattooed neck.

"Leave." I point to the door and walk over to my desk, dropping the heavy folders.

"If you go on a date with me." He speaks up and I take a deep breath.

"Will you stop pestering me after?" He nods his head, holding his hands up in defence. "Well the answer is still no, thank you for reminding me to lock my office doors." I give him a tight-lipped smile and he raises his eyebrows.

"Did you like the flowers?"

"So much, that I gave them to my friend." I shrug my jacket off and take a seat in my office chair. "Is there anything else, Mr Tahan?"

"Call me, Dario." He winks before exiting the room.

I lean back against my chair and release a huge breath.

I do not need this.

A/N
How you enjoyed , this book has already reached 1,000 reads. Thank you❤️