Thirty-Three

Chapter Thirty-Three| Leona
👑

"Everything will be okay, Rio." I rub his back as we wait in the waiting room.

Logan has been rushed into surgery because he had seizure.

"That poor boy doesn't deserve this." Rio sniffles and my heart breaks for the man. "He deserves loving parents, he deserves to have a stable life!" He clutches his hair in frustration.

"He's going to be okay, Rio." I do my best to reassure him as he stares at me with wide, vulnerable eyes. A small gasp escapes my lips when he suddenly pulls me into a tight hug.

"I don't know what I'll do if something happens to him, Leona." He mumbles against my neck and I sigh gently.

"You have to think positive, Rio. Logan's a strong boy." I whisper, rubbing his back.

"I know, I know." He mumbles.

Six hours later the doctor comes to tell us that Logan is out of surgery.

"He's a lucky boy. We were able to remove the tumour, this is a good sign. However, I will not give the all clear just yet. We will keep a close eye on him but I am hoping he will have a speedy recovery. He's a brave boy." The doctor informs us and a smile etches onto both Dario and I's face.

"Can we see him?" Dario questions, stepping slightly forward.

"You can, he is asleep but he should wake in the next couple hours." The doctor nods, giving us a small smile.

"Thank you so much." I tell him and he holds his hands up.

"Just doing my job, Mrs Tahan." My eyes widen at the name he gives me but before I can protest he leaves the waiting room.

I then turn to look at a smirking Dario with wide eyes. "Mrs Tahan?"

"Yes, my love?" He winks and I sigh not bothering to argue with him.

"You are a nightmare." I lightly nudge him.

"Your nightmare. Now come on let's go see Logan." He grabs hold of my hand and leads us out of the waiting room.

We walk into Logan's room and I bite my lip as I stare at the sleeping boy with sad eyes.

"When he gets the all clear what will happen to him? When he's discharged from the hospital?" I question Dario as we take a seat by his bed.

"He'll be put into care." I feel a huge wave of sadness wash over me at the thought of the little boy going into care. "I-I can't let him have a life like that." Dario speaks up and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Rio? What are you saying?" I ask him and watch as he swallows hard.

"I was going to talk to you about it but I've been considering adopting him." My eyes widen and I'm left shocked at his words. "I've been with this boy since he was two and he means a lot to me."

"Rio, I'm not saying it's a bad idea but it takes a lot to look after a child, it's a massive responsibility." I grab hold of his arm gently and give him a small smile.

"If I were to adopt him, w-would you stay with me? Of course you don't have to but the thought of losing you would kill me." He looks at me with vulnerable eyes and I smile.

"Of course I would stay with you." I whisper, lifting his hand up to kiss the back of it. "If you want to adopt this little boy, I'll be with you every step of the way."

"Really?" Dario whispers, his eyes glossing over.

"Really." I kiss his cheek and then rest my head on his shoulder. "What's Logan's heritage?" I question as I stare at the little boy.

"His mother was Jamaican, not sure about his father, probably English." I nod my head.

"He's so cute." I beam and Dario chuckles. "If we do adopt him I'm going so spoil him so much." I feel myself getting excited about the thought of spending money on toys for him.

A couple hours later and we watch as his eyes flutter open. He looks around the room before his tired eyes land on Dario and I.

"Darry and princess?" He whispers, his face brightening a little.

"Hello, little man." Dario greets quietly, leaning forward to stroke the top of his head. "How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts." Logan whimpers.

Just then the doctor walks in and begins to check Logan.

"Things with Logan are looking okay, it will still be a while before he can leave the hospital but things are looking promising." We both nod our head and then the doctor soon leaves.

"I don't want to leave." Logan whispers sadly and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Why not?" I tilt my head and watch as he avoids eye contact with me and begins to play with his fingers nervously.

"I-I don't have a family, n-not like all the other children." He looks up at me with watery eyes and I have to hold back my own tears. "Y-You and Darry have each other but I don't have anyone, only Mr Roar." He cries, clutching onto his dinosaur teddy bear. I quickly pull him into a gentle hug, making sure to be careful with the wires that he's attached too.

"You have us, Logan." I reassure him and look at Dario who is staring at the two of us, his jaw clenched. I can tell it's breaking him, seeing this boy so sad and lonely. "We won't let anything bad happen to you." I promise him and hold him in my arms until he falls asleep.

"He's coming home with us." Dario decides and I nod my head.

•••

I walk out of the pharmacy and back into my car, I quickly take the plan b pill, washing it down with water and then sigh. I close my eyes and rest my head back against the headrest.

Even though Dario wants a baby, now is not the right time, especially with the consideration of adopting Logan which looks to be certain.

Dario and I both have a highly stable income, bringing up Logan would not be an issue. Our main focus needs to be on the little boy and a baby right now would not be a good idea.

I make my way back home and as soon as I open the door I am engulfed in a tight hug from Dario.

"I wasn't gone for that long." I giggle and squeal as he lifts me up, making me wrap my legs around his waist.

He closes the door and walks over to the sofa, taking a seat. I straddle his lap and smile down at him, stroking his cheek.

"You okay?" I question and he nods his head. "Everything will be fine, I promise. We're back on the right track now." I kiss his forehead and snuggle into him.  "I love you, Rio."

"I love you, my princess." He mumbles. "So much."

A/N
Okay so from last chapter it looks like my next book will be a student x teacher book😗 however a lot of you wanted something similar to Emotion too, so maybe I could mix it together. What do you think?❤️