Soon he came across an open surface somewhere between the wide gap trees of the dense forest of the mountains. He circled his fingers and the dried leaves covering the plain ground danced in the wind before eloping to the sky. Callan again looked all around him and slowly retracted a crushed paper from his pocket. He opened another pocket to retract an envelope and spread the fine dust over the plain land. Without wasting any more time he muttered the verses encrypted on the crushed paper and the land beneath came alive. The fine dust rearranged themselves constantly and levitated above the ground only to form a human face. One particular face.

The figure thus formed slowly opened her eyes and smiled at Callan "I was desperately waiting for any message. Now I feel relieved."

"I am happy to see you too Aurora."

"How is it going on with you?"

Callan sighed in a mock frustration and with uninterest he said "We have been travelling for the past four days and are yet to reach the destination. I am not sure whether the alpha knows where we are heading."

Aurora looked concerned. "The land of the seers is a hidden place whose whereabouts are known to no one. The map your father has will constantly change its position and show only the path which is necessary to reach till the sunlight diminishes." She took a pregnant pause before asking "How are you coping up with Einar?"

"He has been distant throughout the whole journey. He only talks when he wants to know something."

The distinct sound of the rustling of bushes caught Callan's attention and he moved his head in a jiffy. He gestured the sand face to stay calm while he bravely marched ahead to the source of the sound. He carefully looked all around but found nothing. 

"What is it?" The grimes on Auroras concerned face were constantly rearranging themselves.

"I felt as if someone was watching me.." Callan scowled and looked all over again. He was sure that he heard a certain noise and that his mind was not playing tricks with him. However he rebuffed the thought of an intrusion and believed that the wind or an animal must have waved the long thick bushes "Anyways.. I wanted to talk to you about something important."

"Are you alright?"

"Not exactly." Callan sighed deeply and wet his lips "Since the day I have started this journey my body feels heated."

"Heated as in?"

"I cant really explain but I am warm all of a sudden as if I am having a fever and then its nothing."

"Its strange. Let me see what information I can come up with and during.."

Their talk was interrupted once again when Callan heard another sound coming from the tree leaves above. It was strange but the handsome man was alert at once. He knew that this wasn't his imagination besides he was far away from his peers. He cleared his throat and almost whispered "I think I am being watched. I need to leave."

Aurora agreed with her friend "Take care of yourself."

Callan nodded once again as the sand figure closed her eyes and slowly dispersed, scattering its fine grimes all over the land while the handsome man looked all around in suspicion and walked away as fast as he could.

****

A big land mass of thick wild grass, cold under the chilly winds of the mountains lay ahead as Callan walked out of the dense forest. This place seemed strange to him. There was radiating heat on one side while deadly chilly winds breezed a major portion of the mountain. However the plants of the habitat were grooming themselves with the environment despite the harsh weather.