Side Mission

Rolling over a yawn escaped my mouth. Pushing my upper body up off the ground I rubbed my eyes while checking my surroundings. The sound of hooves taking slow steps and voices all around kept me alert.

"Did you sleep well," turning my head Ciaran was sitting across from me.

"Damn right," yawning I stretched,"how long was I out?"

"Three weeks."

"Geez, I really pushed the ticket far huh?"

"What were you trying so hard to accomplish?"

"Just a complete understanding of my own capabilities and let me tell you I didn't even get to finish. Is it okay for you to be here with an enemy and all?"

"I've resigned from my position in the Holy Land. The moment I knew it was you I started searching. Pertaining to them, there are things about them that you should know."

"I already do," shocked Ciaran sat up,"I know about the experiments, the secret research, and the slabs from Orkania."

"H-how do you-? Why do you-," rubbing his forehead Ciaran sighed,"It makes things simple but if you know then there's no telling how many others know."

"No one does."

"Then how do you know?"

"Two reasons, one is that during the attack I read the memories of a scientist that happened to still be alive and I learned quite a bit."

"The second thing?"

"Do you know Amelia?"

"She's one of the strongest Holy knights what about her," raising my hand I showed him the back of it as the crest lit up.

"No way! Y-you enslaved her," nodding Ciaran just gapped at me.

"She's taught me quite a lot. I knew you were coming months ago."

"That's.... Wow, to be able to control a holy knight," the tarp covering the front was pulled aside.

"Yo Ciaran, it's your turn to check in, if Marcel isn't awake yet then-," upon making eye contact with me Neum let out a laugh,"Nevermind come on they already checked the rest of us," popping out of the carriage all the girls faces lit up when they saw my face. Giving my guild card to the guard he checked it with a crystal before letting me pass.

"Happy, you're better again," rubbing Nano's head I smiled at her.

"I was fine the whole time just tired."

"From what? Were you out hunting incredibly strong beasts or something?"

"You aren't entirely wrong."

"We can talk when we get some place warm," Iris was walking ahead of the group,"So let's find somewhere to drop off Pegasus and the carriage."

"Don't just say somewhere it needs to be a place where she can heal."

"Heal," Neum glanced at me.

"Ah yea, during the attack six months ago it seems they used the energy of familiars and beasts to supplement the lack of mana," gazing at Pegasus she looked away.

"I didn't know that was possible. It does explain why she feels so weak right now."

"It's looked down upon by true mages. Taking the mana by force to compensate for you own is pathetic," stopping outside of a building everyone turned around.

"What is it Marcel?"

"I guess every town has an inn that also lets you store your mounts."

"While they are convenient don't you think it would be better to leave her at an actual mount shop right now," shaking my head at Iris Pegasus stood next to me.