Hope

"Oi, how much longer are you going to sit there and meditate," hovering in midair I didn't respond,"dammit don't ignore me."

"Artira that wouldn't be smart. If you try to touch him he'll just vanish and we'll have to find him all over again," with a huff I heard feet stomp away.

"This has been going on for three years don't you think it's time to put aside that girl," Yala's voice was really close to my ear.

"Give up Yala. I guess he loves the other girl to much," slowly I opened my eyes and lowered my body out of the air.

"If only you would've figured that out three years ago," smirking I walked past an annoyed Yala and exhausted Zula,"I'm leaving today. I've been here to long."

"You can't just leave we aren't done training yet, and-."

"Give it rest. Why not just fall in love with someone from another race?"

"Because it won't be the same."

"Aren't we half and halfs ourselves. Pure dragons were said to be the strongest race in the past but we surpassed them. Only the Gods know how strong our offspring would be with another race."

"It isn't about the strength of our offspring."

"Then it shouldn't matter Zula,{Deites Pathway}," a hazy blue opening fitting the size of my body appeard,"it was fun and thanks for the lessons. I feel stronger than ever now. I'll make sure I put what you taught me to good use on the mortal plane."

"God damn him," Zula watched as the gate closed behind Marcel,"all of that and he didn't even entertain the thought for three whole fucking years."

"Mmmmm, I should've just forced myself onto him before he left," Zula glanced at Yala,"what?"

"It wouldn't have worked. He can nullify all dragon techniques now so we aren't stronger than him anymore. There is a way around that but since he is the next Dragon God, he has authority to command us. Those of his own species, dragons and possibly humans included, can't disobey him if he seriously wills it. His words carry power."

* * *

"Why is it that you're coming with us Neum? Shouldn't you be, I don't know going to tell the king what happened to the party," the hero Neum just leaned back against the side of the carriage and sighed.

"Yea that would be the right choice but since Ciáran is going to the church there isn't any need for me to go and tell. The information will circulate fairly fast besides," Neum pointed to the other survivor in his party,"Celia wouldn't be able to handle seeing the king right now."

"Why not," As I finished checking the horses were fit to travel I climbed up to the seat.

"She feels like her father would be ashamed."

"Wait her father's the king," Ida stuck his head out the side of the carriage,"I thought his daughter was a warrior mage."

"She is. Just a very, difficult one. Her true power won't show unless a certain situation arrives. It's like a switch that gets flipped. Otherwise she's just another isekai cliche."

"What is an isekai?"

"Don't worry about it Iris. It's something you won't understand," Nell came out of the treeline with a few herbs.

"After what's happened today. I thought it might be a good idea to relax later. These are great for tea," waving the herbs around she jumped into the carriage.

"Rest would be a good idea. Vilua is a few hours away let's head to Abel's house. It's been a while," sensing the spirits move around me caused my attention to shift.