The person could be anyone. A thief or a feral. 

He gestured Archer towards the room and alerted him to be cautious. With slow steady steps both the men reached the hinge of the door. Without giving a warning Archer slammed the door hard with thud. The force was such that the door unhinged from its connection.

Callan gave a look of annoyance to his friend and entered right behind him. He carefully surveyed the area when his attention was diverted by Archer's finger poking. The hirsute man directed his finger at the opaque figure hiding behind the curtains of the window. 

Both the men looked at each other in confusion. Archer bravely stepped ahead and stripped the cloth from the she wolf in a jiffy. He was about to attack the person when he heard a meek voice.

"Please don't harm me!" The trembling hands had covered the face. By the looks of it the she-wolf looked barely of age. In fact she looked like she was on the threshold of her youth.

 "Don't touch me." she pleaded between her fearful snivels.

Archer puzzlingly looked at his friend while Callan imitated the same look for his own reasons. He took a sigh of relief as his heart beat slowly became normal. He pulled Archer back and instructed him to stand back while he tried to calm the girl "Shh.. Relax. No ones going to harm you. He is Archer my friend."

The girl barely looked up but tremblingly nodded at the were-bear in acknowledgment. Archer replied with an awkward smile of his own and went closer to Callan's ears "Who is she?"

"She is Madeline. Aldous' little sister."

"This means that she is the daughter of the beta. What is she doing here?"

Even before Callan could utter anything the girl interjected in trepidation "He will find me! Please help me!"

The little girl clutched her torso firmly to the torso of the man and cried helplessly. Callan tried to soothe the girl while Archer quickly ran to the kitchen to fetch some water. Callan suspected that the man she was talking about was probably Richard.

But why?

Just a day ago the alpha held a ceremony to announce Madeline and Richard as mates. Though she didn't smile, it looked like everything was fine between them. Then what changed all of a sudden? Callan decided to wait a bit to receive his answers.

It was a long time before the girl was finally in a position to talk. Archer was reprimanded for the damage he did and so he was downstairs fixing the door while Madeline and Callan were at the latter's room. Callan was trying to persuade the girl with his happy thoughts and irrelevant things which were distracting her from her problems. Ultimately it was the humorous events related to Archer and Callan on which both of them laughed at stretch. 

On witnessing the calming behaviour of the girl Callan braved himself to ask the tough questions "Shouldn't you be with your family? Why are you running from Richard?"

The smile on the face of the girl vanished and she pursed her lips. She paused for a long time probably contemplating whether or not to trust the man in front of her. Eventually she gave in to her instincts "He wants to mark me. He says that I will indulge with other wolves of the pack and betray him."

"He is an idiot." Callan whispered to himself "Don't worry. Try to explain things to him, I am sure he will understand you."

"I tried. He thinks that I will reject his advances and his wolf wants to claim me before it happens."

"What kind of a mate is he!"

Callan felt disgusted at the moment. Though Madeline and Richard were mates but there was a considerable difference between their ages. Richard had crossed his teens while the little girl had just stepped in. By the looks of it she barely looked twelve or thirteen. The age when your wolf governs your mating instincts or recognise your other half was eighteen and in some cases it was sixteen.