Fifty eight

Serene's pov:

Its been about nearly two months, since that happened. In present, I'm getting ready for my wedding with my love Lucas. Cathy is my maid of honor, and I'm really very thankful for that. She managed everything so well. Hera is dressed, in her beautiful white frock, and Lorine is helping her getting ready. I am nervous and scared a little. The last time i was about to get married, everything crashed down.

I stepped in my heels, and turned to check my appearance in the mirror. I couldn't believe its me.

Everything looks so perfect, my dress,my hair, my makeup

Everything looks so perfect, my dress,my hair, my makeup...so perfect. I have my father, my soon to be Daughter,Hera, my friends, and a family of my own after get married to Lucas.
But am i worthy enough of all these happiness?

"Stop having second thoughts Renne...you are beautiful and yes you deserve every happiness" Cathy smiled, hugging me tightly.

She looks so beautiful, in her olive green dress, and her hair is tied in a side bun. She choose herself, the bridesmaid dresses and managed the whole event.

"How do you know what I'm thinking?" i asked, and she started laughing.

"I know you...very well enough" she replied.

"Ladies.....May i have a second with my daughter?" my father asked standing in the doorway.

He came inside, dressed in a navy blue suit. He is still looks skinny and weak, but better than before. He gave me a velvet box of jewellery.

"Dad..you don't have to do this..i don't need anything" but he shook his head.

"Its not a gift...its your mother's necklace that she wore in her wedding. She always used to say, she'll give you this on your wedding" his eyes filled with tears.
I can feel my tears, in the brim of my eyes. But cathy stopped me, from ruining my makeup. Finally I'm happy.

Ryan and Jackson are sentenced with life imprisonment. The drug lord, 'Valentino' was Ryan's biological father. He got killed in the STF operation.
Jackson confessed, that he and Amelia murdered Samuel, and got a huge amount of money in return, from Ryan. They made the whole scenario as an suicide attempt and miss guided the police.

Ryan thought, if Samuel died in an unnatural death, then he'll inherit all of My father's peoperty. But the property was already transferred under my name and Hera's.

Jackson helped me to run away from my father, so their plan may work. He told me to keep Hera, a secret from everyone. But he never really cared for me and Hera,In fact, he hates us. He was only doing this, cause he didn't want me to came back home and claim the property.

Samuel's death Case is reopened. I am really very happy, that now the real culprits are behind the bars. Samuel's last written letter was a trick of Jackson. He made me believe, that i have to run away as far as possible, to save Hera.

But only the diary, that i got in my mailbox a few days later after my brother's death, is real and the last gift to his daughter. Maybe he already known in that time,that they will kill him anytime soon. I will gift that diary to Hera on her eighteenth birthday.

I've to tell Hera that Lorine is her mother. But not anytime soon...i don't have the courage. My baby, is already suffered a lot. I have to wait for the right time. Lorine herself is fighting with her deperession, and wants to take more time. Cathy's brother Marcus is helping her in this process. But i think...there's more to this story.

"You ready... ?" my father asked

So its time. I will finally see him after so many days. Waiting for me at the end of the aisle. I feel anticipation rose inside, and my nervousness took over me.

"I don't know....but what you think?" i asked my father.

"I think...he really loves you And you shouldn't make him wait anymore...let's go" he replied smiling,extending his arm.

I nodded and hold his arm, as we started walking. I'm still having those second thoughts running all over in my mind.

The chapel is beautifully gleaming in the darkness with lights and fire lamps. There are wooden benches arranges in rows on the both side of the aisle. The walls and the centre stage is beautifully decorated with white flowers and mirrors. On left, the bestmens and on the right the bridesmaids are smiling holding a small boquet of red flowers.

Hera is standing, with Asher, Jared's young brother. she's smiling, while holding his hand. Thank god, they aren't fighting today.

My gaze fell at the center of the stage, Lucas Scott. The man who own my heart. He's checking me out,from head to toe. I bite my lip in nervousness, and his eyes darkened instantly.

He looks so damn handsome, in that black fitted tailored suit. With the upper buttons opened, of his crisp white shirt. His long hair swept side, neatly. Even though i have seen everything beneath those layeres of cloths, but still i crave more. I feel the heat travelled staright down to my body, my insides were screaming in pleasure. His gaze feel on my lips then my eyes. His lips tugged upward....smiling heavenly.

My father stopped, reaching at the end. His cheeks wet with tears, and swiped it with the back of his hand.
Lucas came down on the stairs, and my father put my hand in his.

"Take care of my daughter.." he said.

"I will....always"Lucas replied.

His eyes locked with mine....and in that moment, my...nervousness ,anxieties, fears every negative feeling fades away. Because he's all i want and all i need.

In the journey of Taming his heart, he tamed my body,heart and soul. There is no way back, no more escapes......we both entangled in this mutual feeling that feels home.....

So this is the last chapter of 'Taming Your heart'....

Thank you to everyone who made this far...

I hope you like the ending...feel free to ask anything about this book and the characters

B bye ...

20/11/2020