Fifty

My heart was about to jump out of my ribcase with excitement. It feels like a dream and I'm scared. But the moment i saw him, and he asked me...i said yes without any secind thought. 
My anxiety fades away the moment i saw his face. Everything starts making sense in this life. Maybe i was destined to be here, with him. He loves me, and i know its true. The way he treats My baby, Hera...i don't think anyone could do. She adores him, and he deserved to be.
Everyone started wishing and congratulating us. I've never had this much attention in my life. It makes me shy, I'm not used to it. After cake cutting, Cathy and Jared took off to get changed into casual dresses. Jared is taking her to a secret destination for their honeymoon. So i just waited for them to return back here, before they go honeymoon. Lucas is nowhere to be found, i don't know where he gone with Hera.

"Hey Renne!, waiting for someone" Noah came, along with Mrs. Briana.

"Hey Noah, hello Mrs. Briana..I'm waiting for Cathy and Jared. What are you two upto?"

"Ohh Renne. I also want to see off the newly wed couple, but i can't stand here that long. Lets just sit there on the bench" Mrs. Briana took my hand and guided me to the wooden bench.

"I'm very happy for you and Cathy. You both made the right choice." Mrs. Briana said, patting my shoulder.

I smiled in response;
"Thank you Mrs. Briana. I missed you alot" i replied.

"I missed you and Hera, too Renne." she said.

"So do i, Renne. I missed you too" Noah muttered the same time.

Cathy's mother,Emily came and started talking to Mrs. Briana.

"When are you taking me out for a coffee?" Noah said.

"What?...you want coffee?" i asked in confusion.

"You forgot. You promised me one coffee date Renne!" he rolled his eyes.

"I said, we can go out some other day for a coffee...no Date i promised" i replied.

"Well, you owe me a date..who knows maybe you find something better?" he winked playfully.

I know he's a flirt, he always do that. Its nothing new with that. But why now...that I'm already engaged to Lucas.

"well, i already found my 'better'. And i don't owe you anything, Noah" i replied.

"Ohk Renne. But i think you're doing this too early. I haven't even got a chance to ask you out" he sighed heavily.

"what???" i was shocked.

"Yeah!!...i know its not the right time, but i still thinks about it. I should've tried" he chuckled.

"you're kidding right?" i asked.

"No..but i still believe you will go out with me...for a coffee. Right?
We're still friends though" he asked, as his face crossed with sad expressions

"Yeah...we are friends. Maybe some other day" i replied. I still couldn't believe him.

"So when are you going to visit us in washington?. Lillian and Daxter, invited you on baby shower" he asked.

"Not sure, maybe next month . These days, Its too hectic on work " i replied.

He nodded in response.

"I'll be waiting..." he said, lightly.

I ignored. God, why is he behaving like that. All of the sudden he started liking me. I never thought of him that way. Still i believe he's a good friend of mine.

Soon Cathy and Jared arrived, and everyone started wishing them again. They look so good together. Jared adores her, its written all over his face. Cathy is a very lucky girl. I was waiting for my turn to greet them. But then, Marcus came along with Lorine.

Wow. Its too strange. The Lorine i knew from my college days, is totally opposite. She was bubbly, loud, bold and too bitchy with dickheads like Marcus. But here she is, standing besides him, shy and all. Its like two different persons. She's different now.

But we all are!....Life did that to us. We all changed after college. Maybe for better...or to get better.

I still remember, when i first met Lorine in my college corridor. We just hit from that moment. We were in same courses and choosen the same subjects. We were like sisters. Once she met my brother, and got fallen for him. But it didn't get anywhere, they were too different from each other. But i always knew she feels so much more of him. I didn't helped her as i was too busy with my bitch ex-boyfriend. I thought they weren't good for each other. But so wasn't Amelia for my brother. It ended with his life. Maybe Lorine would've been a right choice for him.

It was too hard to leave all that behind. But i did that for good. I never thought i would ever see her again. But she's so different now. Much more beautiful and strong. But Marcus is different too. I can see the way, Lorine is reacting. Something is there between them, a chemistry. Or Maybe they know each other before?. 

I drifted back to reality, as Lucas came with Hera. Her eyes were swollen and face red like she cried a lot. I took her in my arms, and she rested her head in the crook of my neck. She sobbs a little as ran my hands on her back.

"What happened with her? Why is she crying?" i asked him.

"I'll tell you later, babe. Everything's alright" he said.

Finally Cathy and Jared came to us. I hugged Cathy and thanked her for everything. Even on her wedding, she made my day. She helped Lucas, to make me feel special. We all took a few photos, before they drive away.

I greeted everyone, and said good byes. I hoped inside the car, as Lucas came. I'm getting too anxious. I never seen Hera this much bothered. I want to know the reason, that upsets her this much.
"Tell me now!" i demanded.

"It's nothing babe. She was scared to be alone. But i told her that she never going to be. " he took a deep breath, and continued;

"We will take her custody after getting married. I don't want her to get suffered like that. Thats why i asked you before...you should think about it"

I know he's right. Its not about what we feel or want. Its about what Hera needs. She needs us.

"But what if her birth mother wants her back in future? We didn't know who she is, And Hera is no Orphan. We need the approval of her mother to adopt her legally" i asked, ruling my fingers through her soft hair.

"She do not wants her at all and she never will asks her daughter back. I will ask my lawyer to get a look into the matter" he replied.

"Wait!!...how do you know that?...." i asked

His face turned pale, and he looked back into the side mirror. His lips trembled before replying back.

"I don't know. But if she ever wanted her back, she would've tried. Thats what i said and i meant"

"Okk, we will see that" i sighed.

I feel so low about myself. My baby was scared to be left alone, and i was enjoying. How terrible....

I'm waiting for this night to be over. Its too much for me. I just want to get back to home, and sleep in my comforter.

******
His phone started ringing on the side table. We all got disturbed in our sleep. Lucas put the phone down. But again it started ringing.
"Pick it up or turn it off Lucas" i plead.

"Uhh hmm" he's sleeping like a log.

"pick it up..maybe its something
important to be care of" i said.

He picked the call, and listened the other party. I was too wasted in my sleep, that i didn't noticed what he said over the phone.

He got up from the bed, half naked and started picking up his cloths. He got dressed in his cloths, and came to the side of my bed. He kissed my forhead, before leaving.

"I'll be back here ,....soon"

Vote and comments pls..