Twenty-six: Anticipation

Serene's pov:

What could be more difficult, than helping this handsome jerk to walk over the front door without stumbling over his own feet. Maybe it's difficult because I'm equally drunk and stumbling like him. But i didn't puked three times straight in a night.

I pushed the door open, and turned the thermostat to moderate heat position. My apartment is a small 1bhk, but equipped with all necessities.
"You stay here, don't move ok..I'm getting you a lemonade, you'll feel better" i told him as he seated on the couch.

He nodded with a smile..a genuine smile. I am relived that,finally his face looks normal as the pink hue returned to his pouty lips and they are not the ghost alike pale anymore.

He took the glass and drank it slowly. I sit next to him, admiring his face and those sharp features. 

"How are you feeling now?" i asked slowly.

"I'm Good. fucking wasted but still feeling good as you are here with me" he replied resting the glass on the table.
These little things he says,makes my heart flutter.

"Where's Hera?" he asked noticing around.

"She's at Mrs. Briana's house. I'll get her here in a few minutes...you want anything?" i took my phone, to dial mrs. Briana's phone no.

"Uhh yeahh.. I'm covered in vomit and stinking like a dog..can i take a shower?" he hesitated. I've never seen him this much awkward and shy around.

" No you aren't stinking. And Of course you can have whatever you want, love..you don't need my permission" i replied the same words that he told me once. I stood from the couch, holding the phone near my ear.

His eyes darkened, as his pupils dilated. With a swift motion, he pulled me over his lap, holding my waist tightly. I can feel the warmth of his body as I'm nearly crushed in his broad chest.
I'm breathing in, his nearly rugged breaths that are laced with strong alcohol. If I'm not high on vodka...he is definitely the reason I'm gonna drunk.

"you can't say those dirty things like that and expect a gentle man to behave decent around, babe" his voice is so deep and crisp, my body shivered in response. I snaked one arm around  his neck, while holding the phone with other.

He lightly smacked my butt, and pulled me closer by my waist, sending heat straight to my core. A loud gasp escaped from my lips, and my back arched in response. I blame the alcohol for my reckless behaviour.

"Hello.....Renne!", Mrs. Briana speaks in the receiver.
"Shittt!! Bad timing" I cursed under my breath.
"H..Hellow Mrs. Briana" i stuttered.

" I'm sorry to disturb you this late but I just arrived home a minute ago...I'm coming to get Hera, is she awake?" i asked,getting away from, Lucas.

"Its ok Renne. she's sleeping very peacefully, in my arms. You can get her in the morning when she'll wake up" she offered.

"Don't worry Renne! you've had a long night..you should take rest now..ok!!I'll take care of her" she said

I sighed in defeat.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Briana. You are a angel in my life" i replied.

After talking for a few minutes, we ended the call. Lucas is already left to take a shower. Thankfully i can control my hormones when he's not around. It looks like, he drained the alcohol out of my system.
I plugged his phone on charging and quickly prepared the dinner for us. I put the dishes on the coffee table and sat on the couch. I turned on the TV, and put a music channel on. I'm waiting for him to return so we can eat peacefully.
The bathroom door clicked open, revealing a steamy hot man, covered in tattoos, water droplets running down on his godlike body. A small white towel wrapped around just below his waist and above his knees. Wet brown hair turned dark, in sprawled mess over his forhead.