Thirty-four

"Are you serious Lucas? Is this a joke"

"No..it never was. I am serious Renne." he replied with a straight face.

"I can't accept your offer. Its too much of a favor, and i haven't mastered in this profession yet. I didn't even completed my internship after graduating" i told him, even though he said he knew everything about me.

"you can start from now. You can enroll yourself in any university, and still continue practicing as my assistant. That way, you can achieve your goals"

"As tempting as it seems...Its not easy. I still have to pay you back for Hera's medical bills and insurance. I'm living at your place and now you are offering me a job at your office....which i didn't deserve. Pls don't pity me.....Lucas. I'm already in too much of debt" i breathed out heavily.

"I told you I'm not pitying. You are perfect for this job as per your qualification. You will earn a good amount of salary,and your Master's will be completed along side working. You don't have to attend college and classes,you only need to submit a few assignments" he did have a valid point. He always do....

"Think about it. You can't just go around and waste your time in working as a waitress or something. You can't support Hera and provide her a good life what she deserves. I'm not going to pressurize you for this...but you really need to make a decision for yourself and Hera. Right here,Right now"

I can't pay my bills and provide a safe and secure life to her, by working as usually i do. I know he's doing me a favor and more by letting me stay here and now offering me a job. But i could always switch my job after completing the internship. I need to do this.

"Ok!...i accept your offer. Its too good to let it down. " i answered.

He nodded in response

"Thank you so much Lucas. For everything" i sighed heavily.

"No...you deserve this all. I owe you this Renne" he smiled,squeezing my hand lightly.

His brightened heart warming smile,Making my stomach flutter. Living under the same roof, this close with him...makes me nervous and hot. Its too confusing...

We finished our dinner. Its a regular thing for me now, to make dinner for him every night. Hera is sleeping, she ate her dinner early in the evening. Jenna and Hera get along with each other,real quick. I told Jenna to have rest as i waited for Lucas to return home from work.

"Good night Renne..... I hope you wake up early, as you are going to assist me tomorrow and so on" he said as he got up from his seat.

"Wait....like tomorrow?...i need time. I don't have appropriate cloths and shoes and i need to prepare my.." like every other time..he didn't let me finish.

"Yes, Tomorrow. You can just wear anything you like....your boss would never mind as long as you follow his instructions and never ask questions. He is like really cool in person." that stupid smirk on his lips is like etched permanently.

"A bikini then. I would like to show up in your office in a bikini!" i asked...getting on his nerves.

"I don't have a problem with it. Just remember there are more than 500 people other than me in the office " he replied taking a step closer.

"Those 500 other people didn't matter to me Mr. Scott. I just want to impress my Hot ass boss...whom you said to be really cool in person" i said pointing to his chest.

We are only a few inches away, i can feel the warmness in his minty breaths. I took a step closer, standing on tip toes, so that i can taste his fuller  lips. But he took a step back, holding my waist to restrict my movements.