Twenty-two: Christmas

Serene's pov:

I'm trying so hard to move on, to forget everything about him, to scrub him off of my mind, but its no help. I thought, its just a physical attraction that pull me by invisible force to him. But its much more than that.
He said,we can't do this without a proper agreement with terms of my choice,And i can't do this with the fear of being caught in a difficult situation. I already have too many problems to deal with...i cant risk our lives.
I decided, that i will return the extra money that he transferred to my account. I don't want any kind of financial help from him.

From the past three days I'm trying to get another job, but its too hard to find one when you dont have an educational degree.
I was a graduate traniee with business and management degree. I was working as an intern in a very reputed firm, but didn't get completed. To save her life, i ran away from that country.
I can still get a handsome salary and reputed job with my qualifications, but i don't want to disclose our identities.

Christmas is nothing but an ordinary day in calender, for me. Mrs. Briana used to invite us on dinner, giving sweets and gifts for Christmas. But this time, she is in Washington, with her family. I can't accept there offer to travel there with them, and i don't have a car. Cathy also invited me to there parents house in portland. But i made an excuse of being busy in some work.In short, i have to spend the christmas eve with my only love of life, my Hera.

I already bought a few gifts for Hera, to Surprise her in the morning. Instead i got surprised, when uncle Jack visited us this morning. He helped me alot, when i fled from UK.
He is the only one, i can trust with my life. Officer Jackson or as i used to say 'Uncle Jack'. He says,he owes to my mother alot. When she was alive, she helped his family in difficult times.

When my brother died, he came to london. They both were like best friends, even with that eight years of age gap.

Hera was jumping with excitement, after getting a big rabbit soft toy as a christmas gift. He gave me a few sweets and gift warp boxes. Then after having breakfast he told me the purpose of visit.
They are still trying to find us. They contacted uncle Jack for any clue about Me. They don't know that Samuel's child is alive and she is living with me. Only one of them knew about Hera, and she was behind all of this blunder in my life.

"What should we do now?. I don't know if I'm able to survive on another place without any savings" i questioned.

"No...you don't have to run away kiddo. They won't find you here. You can live here as long as you want. I will take care of this, don't worry." he replied with smile.

After about an hour, we walked along him outside the apartment and said good byes. I stood there, reminding myself the good times we have back when we were young. I turned back to open the door and just then Hera ran away giggling and shouting with joy,

"Luca bear!!! You came... I miss you so much"

I saw him, leaning forward to pull her in his strong arms. The crisp white shirt clinging to his tanned masculine body. His tousled brown hair is another definition of perfection. I never thought someone this messy can still be perfect. In this cold weather, when everything is covered in white crystals of snow....he dressed in a thin white shirt. Sexy but weird.

After pulling a bag from the backseat, he locked the car. I feel happy and nervous, he is here. Within a few seconds he stood in front of me, staring deep down in my eyes to my soul that screaming with excitement.

"Marry christmas, Renne!" his teasing voice, evident he knew about my vulnerable state.

Words caught in my throat,as he leaned down a little to peck my lips. His warm tongue swiped over my lips, leaving them parted with need. I was about to kiss him back, he pulled away, smirking like a devil he is.