Twenty-five: leap

Serene's Pov:

"I'll make sure, you get fired tonight!! I don't know why they hire uncivilized people like you" Sophie's voice crackled.

"Go ahead..do whatever you want. I don't care" i replied. This is the least i do care right now.

" Enough Sophie... We all know what you did here. You, humiliated her. You were nothing but too mean to her for no reason, and when she gave you befitting reply, now you are playing Victim card" Lorinda is bubbling with anger. Lucas on the other hand is staring with wide eyes at me.

I never thought, after all this...she'll choose my side. She is still as beautiful as she was in college. Those big blue eyes are still glowing and shining.Only her brown hair, is longer than before.

"Ohh come on Lori...you know nothing about these type of girls. They can do anything for money and fame..." Sophie's disgust is clear in her voice.

"No....Serene is nothing like that. I know her long before you know anything about her. You pls wait for me in the car, we are leaving in five minutes." Lorinda said while holding my hand and leading me away from the crowd to the sitting area.

Lucas face twisted in frown and hurt expressions is clear in his eyes. I hesitate while sitting on the same couch with them,afterall I'm still a waitress.

" You want anything? Like a drink or maybe water after all that drama" Lorinda asked politely.
I shook my head in response, i don't know how will things go from here. 

"I need a large whiskey after witnessing that fiery Cat fight" Lucas sighed loudly.

"No...absolutely not. You are intoxicated enough, bro!!.Now all you're getting is water only" Lorinda replied to him.

Shitt! she's lucas sister 'Lorine'. I am too deep in this shit. I have no choice left other than facing the truth.

"Serene...there are so many questions i wanna ask. But first tell me how are you?" she asked with worry.

"I'm fine, lorinda. How are you?" i asked stupidly.
I don't know how, I'll explain everything to her. Lucas is sitting here in front of me, listening very carefully. He didnt even know about my real name untill she yelled aloud.

"How's he doing?...Is he happy with her?" she asked.

This breaks my heart, she didn't know about him yet. They both were so happy and close to each other, and now she didn't even knew about him. Like all of us...she also left him alone.

"He's dead, Lorine. " i told her controlling my tears and emotions.

Her eyes filled with tears and face turned pale. Her lips trembled but unable to speak anything.

"I'm so sorry about that" she whispered.

I need to avoid crying in front of Lucas. I don't want him to get involved in my fucked up life. He's already, shocked with revelations about my past. I don't think he know anything about us and our past.

"Wait!! Can you pls tell me...why you introduced yourself as 'Renne', cause I'm feeling like an idiot sitting here with you two ladies?" lucas asked impatiently breaking the silence.

"Umm cause it's my nickname. My mother used to call me Renne when she was alive" i replied to him.

His face relaxed a little but sadness is evident in his eyes. I know he's having so many questions that he wants to ask. But i can't answer them i need to avoid him. They both turned quiet and now avoiding eye contact with me.
"And what about Amelia?? Where is she?" she asked.