Chapter: 27

"An Albion?" I questioned Melascula. I couldn't believe it, even with my own ears. The ancient demon weapon that hasn't been seen in 3,000 years. This was when I knew things were about to get real, real fast. I also knew Zeldris wouldn't want to let any of this go. He was just the type of person to hold on to something.

If a war broke out again, like it did 3,000 years ago. I don't think I'd be able to hold on. I knew if only for the time being, I had to deescalate the situation.

I got up off the place I was sitting and began to walk over to where Melascula claimed to have seen Zeldris and Galand talking just moments ago. I took a few deep breaths, preparing for the ensuing argument that would inevitably come, but by the time Zeldris came into my eye-line, it was only him, no Galand. This was when my eyes widened and I began preparing for the worst. If Zel sent Galand after the sins, it would be horrid. It would be sending pigs for slaughter. I ran to Zel praying that wasn't what happened.

"Zel!?" I called out to get his attention. I saw his head turn and that's when I got a bit up close and personal. I was right against Zeldris' chest and he went to grab my hand. As our hands were intertwining, I looked into his deep, dark eyes with worry. "Where's Galand?" I questioned and saw Zel's head tilt a bit.

"He went to go take care of the Albion situation. I'm sure you heard about it from one of the others." He said as he looked at me with slight confusion, I'm sure wondering why on earth I'd be worried.

"Zel he'll slaughter them... He's after my friends. I can't let them get hurt!" I almost shouted. But Zel still looked concerned.

"You know how much I hate arguing, love. But I won't tell you again. Anyone who objects our presence, is an enemy of ours." He carried on in response to me.

There was nothing I could do. I couldn't argue and lose the man I just got reunited with. But I couldn't just stand by and let my friends be attacked. I couldn't let this become war. Not again at least. As much as I was worried for my friends, I knew that I had to calm Zeldris down like only I could. I had to get him away from the current situation and release some of the pressure.

"Look, let's just get out of here. If only for a little while. We could go back to my castle. Just try not to think about this." I urged Zel and he only nodded, which then led to his wings ejecting from his back, shortly followed by me doing the same.

Flying always was something that could relax me. Just spreading my wings and getting into the open air made me somewhat calm. It would be a bit of a trip to my castle. At least a few hours and we'd probably have to stop at some point for a break. But I just hoped with all my heart that Meliodas and the sins would be alright. After all, there was almost nothing I could do. I wouldn't lose him again.

Part of me worried that Zel as well as the rest of the commandments were having a hard time adjusting to life in Britannia 3,000 years after their last visit. I knew I had to try my hardest to reintroduce them to current society. Make them not just think, but believe that maybe humans, and the beings of this world that helped lock them away, aren't so bad. But how could I do that so simply. Even for myself, it was never so easy. After all, I had to have 99 percent of my world ender power taken away just so I wasn't a menace to society.

Come to think of it why did I do that? How did I just let it happen? It wasn't like I was bound to Britannia in any way. But then I came across my answer, and it was flying right next to me. It was him, Zel. All of it was for him...

Flashback:

I was such a young girl when I met Zeldris. We were star crossed royals from the second our eyes lay upon each other. There was something so enchanting about his presence and something so wonderful about his world, and when it collided with my own, it was bliss. True bliss.

I guessed that's why I found myself in the garden behind the Satulumian summer palace at twilight. The dark sky was hugging the land from above and only the twinkling stars gave off any sense of iridescence. But I wasn't in the garden looking for a place to rest. I was looking for the boy I had met just a week ago at a ball in the demon realm.

"Prince Zeldris...Prince Zeldris!" I loudly whispered until a dark hand pulled me from the waist behind a rose bush.

"I just knew I'd relish the day I would see your divine face again." His voice so smoothly spoke into my ear.

"And I knew I'd relish the day I saw you crawl out of the fire and brimstone just to see my 'divine' face." I replied to his graces.

"I'd be so enchanted to speak with your divinity, love." Zel said as he took my hands into his. My heart fluttered with the force of a thousand butterflies. But what occurred was hour upon hour of endless talking and rambling. Rambling about everything, rambling about nothing, all below the stars of the summer sky.

I believe it was then that I knew I'd suffer the world for this man. For I'd suffocate in a tidal wave of pain, just do feel his kindness. Just to have my heart swarm as it does every time he looks at me.