Chapter: 18

Me and Ban walked over to Hawk's body and I could feel my heart tearing down. I fell to my knees when I felt another unrecognizable touch on my shoulder. I flinched and turned my head when I saw the purple haired knight from Vaizel. I quickly jolted away from her and she looked down.

"Guess I deserved that." She said to me. I was confused for a few seconds until I remembered we weren't at war anymore. At heart I knew I didn't want to hold any hard feelings against the holy knights. They were just following orders and protecting their country from a perceived threat. I sighed and got up onto my feet.

"It's alright, I'm (y/n). Although I'm sure you already know that." I said as I stuck my hand out to her as a gesture of goodwill.

"O-oh, yeah, Jericho, I'm Jericho, it's great to see you're not too banged up after the battle." She said after taking my hand and shaking it.

"Please, unfortunately I couldn't be there for most of it. But it's great to see you weren't hurt too badly either." I replied with a small smile. My eyes shifted for a second over to Ban who was alone with Hawk's body. He held one hand on him and seemed to be having a moment. I turned back to Jericho and smiled faintly.

"If you weren't at the battle today, then where were you?" She asked me confused knowing that this should've been my top priority. I tried to think up an excuse but the truth was, I was sick of lying to people. I was sick of lying to my friends.

"I was looking for something that could've prevented all of this. So I had to go back to my home." I responded, putting one hand on the back of my head. She just nodded.

"Your home as in Satulumia?" Jericho questioned. In all honesty I was a little shocked. I didn't think too many people knew of Satulumia but I guess word gets around when you travel with a group as infamous as the seven deadly sins.

"Yeah, I had to go back there in search of an artifact that would've helped our case. However I'm sure if I did find it, I wouldn't be here talking with you. So I guess not finding it was a win win." I elaborated on the topic without going into too many details, and truth be told, I was happy I was here talking with Jericho. I was glad she was alright after all the fighting we had done. She seems like a very kind person, and an amazing friend.

I noticed the others begin to join Ban in morning over Hawk. My heart was still shattered over his loss. He was so innocent and kind, he never deserved a fate like this one. I gave Jericho a small smile and let her know we'd most definitely talk again sometime. Then I began walking over to Hawk's body and I was about halfway there when I heard it. A small voice creep out, a high pitched whisper about scraps. That's when I ran over to find the others rejoicing. A tiny Hawk appeared and the body that once lay there perished was gone. Ban picked him up and threw him in the air and he then landed into a warm hug from all of us.

Then just like that, everything was okay again. We were all okay.

. . .

The tavern that night was packed to the brim with citizens, holy knights, and sins. So much so, I hadn't even noticed that Merlin was back from Camelot. I found her sitting at one of the tables in the tavern alone. I was shocked she came back, she seemed very invested in Camelot, from what I could see, she was happy there.

"Oi Merlin, long time no see." I shouted to her over the noise of the bustling bar. She turned her head to me and gave me the most glamorous of smiles that invited me to sit down with her.

"(Y/n), I almost thought you didn't bother to leave that castle of yours." Merlin giggled as I sat down in a chair next to her. "I had no clue you were here. I didn't see you at all in Liones." She continued.

I just rolled my eyes. "You know how I am. I had to make a pit stop back home to look for a way to stop all this." I said lightly.

"Of course, Meliodas said you've been traveling with them for a bit you know." I nodded and Merlin continued. "Are you sure you just didn't want to prove to your heart that you were taking a side. You just didn't want to be part of the force that would bind the Ten Commandments away for good."

These words left me tense all over. Truthfully, I had no clue if Merlin was right or not. But she always has been good at reading me.

"So tell me (y/n) how's Kora?" Merlin changed the topic. Likely trying to avoid creating any ill will.

"She's great. Still as spunky as ever." I laughed as I recalled one of my closest friends from my homeland. "To be honest, I'd be surprised if she hasn't been running Satulumia while I've been gone." I finished.

"She sure is something. Although she doesn't have the secret of the true monarch so I'd doubt she'd make it too far as a ruler." Merlin scoffed, cleverly hinting at my world ender power that she herself had taken not so long ago.

We kept talking and drinking for the rest of the night. We talked about Camelot and Merlin's business there. I always did wonder what business she had there. Apparently some boy who she cares for quite a lot. However, Merlin got me drunk enough that we also talked about Zel.

Now, here I am, with a beating headache, trying to sleep as I relive memories that were taken away from me so swiftly.