Chapter: 5

"Are we almost there yet captain." Diane lazily groaned with one hand on her cheek.

"Soon Diane." Meliodas responded. "Give it an hour or so."

The sun had already set and it looked like by now it might just be too late to set up the tavern in Vaizel tonight. Had Meliodas not stopped to pick up booze earlier then our situation might be different but it is what it is. I sighed and continued to look out the window. Just then King's head popped up on the other side and I nearly shrieked. He laughed and I took two steps back before bumping right into Ban. Ban put his big hands on my waist and lifted me up backwards before twisting me over his shoulder.

"BANNNNN!!" I punched and kicked him but he stood still.

"Oh (y/n) you have no idea how much I missed ya." He said before patting my rear causing my face to go bright red. "Come on lets take you upstairs." He continued. At this point I was squirming with all my might to get down but he just wouldn't let me.

"Ban I'm serious, put me down." I cried. But he didn't listen. He just kept going up the wooden stairs until he reached our shared room. He tossed me onto the bed and sat down next to me. "What was all that for?" I shot at him.

"You would've never come up here had I not done that." Ban chuckled. "And believe it or not you need rest too (y/n)." I mean he was right. It was getting late and I didn't know if I had any plans on sleeping or even trying for that matter. But still I was slightly irritated even though I knew I couldn't be mad at Ban for long.

"Well I'm barely even tired Ban." I told him. He put one arm around my shoulder.

"It's ok (y/n) we can stay up and talk if you'd like." He responded. I shrugged, I mean was there much else to do?

"Do you think we should move on?" Ban asked me. I was a bit taken back by this question to be honest. I mean neither of us like to talk about it but we had a 'friends with benefits' phase once but no. Never again and I'm not in the mood to divulge into all that.

"I don't know Bany... I mean you know me better than most people. What do you think?" I replied although truth be told I'd never give up Zeldris. How could I ever? He'll forever hold my heart in his hands.

"I mean it's been 20 years since Elaine died and I'm immortal. It's not like I can wait out my days, die, and see her in the afterlife. And ya know (y/n) I may know a lot about you but sometimes it feels that I barely know you at all. How is it that you haven't aged a day since we met? How is it you already knew Meliodas, Merlin, and Gowther very well before the sins even got together?" Ban questioned me at length. I had no clue how to respond at this point. I can't tell him I'm 3,000 years old and so is Meliodas, Merlin, and Gowther. But I have to explain some of it.

"Well Ban you know I am Satulumian and us Satulumians Are known to have incredible life spans. We rarely fall ill and most injuries heal very quickly. In some ways we're immortal. Well, some of us are. Just the the royal family. Also known as the original Satulumians." I couldn't tell him the fact that like demons, us originals have 7 hearts. It's somewhere in the fact that purgatory is our sister realm and what not but I won't start with that. Anyways I couldn't tell him incase he wanted to kill me. This is very sacred information and I can't just go around spreading it like before.

"Figures." Ban said as he rolled his eyes at me. "Anyways how long have you been without your love?"

"3,000 years Ban. It's been 3,000 years." I replied in agony. He just looked at me before wrapping me up in blankets and placing a kiss on my head.

"And you still love him like it was yesterday. It's ok (y/n), I know." He said while comforting me into a hug. I just nodded my head and felt the tears come to gloss over my eyes.

"He'll be back Bany. I know it, someday." I whimpered out. Ban only held me tighter and started to stroke my hair. "I'm afraid I'll just break if I don't get to see him again."

"Shh it's ok, I know the feeling." Ban whispered while he kept me tight to his chest. I felt warm and fuzzy inside. For the last ten years I've been crying alone. It's nice to have my friends back I thought while forcing a smile. I now had tears running down my face but I just used the blanket Ban placed around me and wiped them away before he could notice.

Suddenly we felt the tavern stop moving. "We must've reached Vaizel." I said. It was near midnight and I was becoming increasingly tired. While still in Ban's grasp I could feel myself slipping in and out of a near sleep like feeling. No, this feeling wasn't sleep. It was a vision.