Chapter: 15

It's inevitable now. The demon race being resurrected. My former comrades rising from their dark grave. In my 3,000 years of being alone I never thought this would happen. But I wasn't alone. I had my friends, I had the sins. Now I know if the demons come back, there won't be any way to avoid an all out war against all of Britannia. As I'd love to believe that love concours all. I just couldn't be sure of that. I knew Zeldris would come seeking his revenge on the land that took his freedom away from him, and the land that took me away from him.

This is why I had to make a pit stop to a place I hadn't been in quite some time. Call it a lapse of judgment if you will, but this is why I had to go back to Satulumia.

I had to be fast too, because of the whole time thing and the 3 to 1 day ratio. If I took too long, days could pass here on earth and I wouldn't make it back in time. I could only be maybe two hours in Satulumia before six hours would pass on Earth. If I set that as my time limit, I just might make it. But I'd definitely miss all the fighting in Liones. No matter how that battle turns out, the sins will feel betrayed. I just hope they can forgive me.

I kept flying at max speed towards a large valley that held the coordinates of a small cave. The cave was just south of Liones, and only a few 20 miles or so from my castle. I flew over villages and forests and some patches of plains that I could recognize from years back. So many happy times and yet so many sad ones too.

Still I couldn't decipher the feeling in my stomach. Was I excited at the possibility that my Zel and my old friends could be resurrected. Or was I nervous that I'd be in the center of an all out war that would destroy my new friends. Melio, Ban, King, Diane, Gowther, Merlin, Escanor, and most recently Elizabeth. They were all in danger and only I could stop it now. I just needed the key that hid tucked away in my mother's old chambers.

This key kept a lock on one of the most dangerous yet important weapons of judgment us Satulumians hold. It is a stone with blood freezing abilities, and if I'm correct the Holy knights need the blood of an apostle of the goddesses. With this stone I can freeze Elizabeth's blood rendering her body to become stone like and her blood unobtainable. Of course it'd be only temporary but it would last until the presumed threat is gone.

This stone was used to freeze entire armies for years on end until it was sure that peace could be kept. This was a powerful tool of justice that would only be used in the most dire of situations, and now I was on my way to get it.

My wings slowed down in speed when I could see the valley that hid the cave in sight. Wildflowers grew in pockets up and down the hills that etched their ways down to a rocky point. Trees surrounded these flowers to provide shade and protection from any lurkers that might find their ways down here.

The entrance to the cave was dark. This was just one aspect that promoted the feats of Satulumian light. So just like that I light up my hand with a glowing orb and continued my way through the cave. It had been 6 years since I was last here and it showed. Moss grew down the walls and a slight drip of water could be heard echoing through the walls.

Soon enough, through the many twists and turns of this cave, I reached the crystal room. This was the room that held the portal to Satulumia, the only existing way in or out of my homeland in all of Britannia.

I used a beam of light to make a clean cut through one of the blue crystals on the wall. The only way to get to Satulumia is by using the blood of a willing Satulumian. My parents made sure of this so no one could be pressured into opening the gate. So then using the crystal I cut, I made a shallow slice into my palm. It was enough to make me wince in pain, but still enough to do the job.

I closed my eyes and could feel the light emerging from the ground and then it began to pull me away. It felt like every molecule in my body was being gently tugged out of existence and into another realm. But that's essentially what was happening.

When I opened my eyes again I was bombarded with a sense of overwhelming magical power. I also felt home. A bright golden hue shown into my eyes and I could feel my body become one with the land again.

"Your highness, I didn't realize you'd be coming back so suddenly." I heard one of my attendants say to my left.

"I know Kora, this is just a quick trip." I assured her. She nodded and curtsied as I began to walk by her. Her golden wings were out, just like every other citizen in the lands were.

"Would you like me to unlock your chambers?" Kora asked. I turned back to her and realized she hadn't changed a bit since I'd been gone. Her dark brown hair was still long and down to her waist and her eyes were still a light mahogany shade. It made me smile for a second before I could respond.

"Not this time Kora. However I do need my mother's chambers unlocked." I told her and she only looked at me stunned.

"But (y/n)." She whispered as she wasn't supposed to call me by my name. "We've been friends for almost 2,000 years and never once have you wanted your mother's chambers even touched with a 6 foot pole." I just looked downwards for a few seconds until I was reminded of my crunch for time.

"I know Kora, but this is important business." I replied in a serious tone.

"I'll lead the way then." She responded quickly but still concerned.