Chapter: 26

"Come on darling. Let's get back to the rest of the commandments." Zel turned his head and whispered into my ear while my head was still in the crook of his neck. Something about his voice was so soothing to me. I just nodded my head and hummed in agreement.

Suddenly as if almost out of nowhere he hopped off the fallen tree and onto the forest ground. Then big black flowing wings of pure darkness spouted from his back. I was about to erect my own wings but once I did Zel stopped me.

"Not this time love. Let me carry you just this once." He said with a smile that went from ear to ear. I just smiled back and walked towards him for him to lift me.

Without a second to spare Zeldris lifted me up into his arms and carried me bridal style. I wrapped my arms around him and we took off into the sky. With every flap of his wings I felt nostalgic. Just like the old days where it was us against the world. I guess in that moment I subconsciously began to hold onto Zeldris a bit tighter. I could guess he noticed because he turned down to me and asked.

"Is something wrong?" His eyebrows furrowed as he questioned me with care.

"Nothing. In fact, everything's just right Zel." I replied with a small smile. 3,000 years of waiting and I swore I'd never get used to it. I just held him even closer and he gripped me tighter.

We kept flying over forest, open plains and one or two small villages. I guess I hadn't noticed exactly how far we were from the commandants. But soon enough Zeldris's flying slowed and we landed back on the large dark sculpture erected by the Ten Commandments.

"Back so late?" Galand asked in a slightly annoying tone. But I just rolled my eyes.

Zeldris let me down from him arms and onto the dark surface. It was getting to be evening time and I could feel my tiredness beginning to set in. It really was a long day. So much had happened and all I wanted to do was cuddle up next to Zel and fall asleep next to the man I had missed. Maybe now I could finally get a decent nights sleep.

The warm summer air around us began to grow cold as the night grew on and I wasn't exactly sure how I'd be able to rest in such temperatures but I was sure I'd manage. I'd go through hell just to be with the man I loved.

Zeldris was next to me laying down. His eyes were closed but I could tell he wasn't asleep. So long in the coffin of eternal darkness must've almost killed him. Although I knew he needed rest. All the commandments did, and it'd take a while for their bodies to acclimate to the magic in the air. So for now I just tucked myself in closer to Zel until finally I was at rest.

. . .

When I woke up the next day, all the other commandments were up. As if they'd been up for a while now. I let out a deep yawn and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What time is it?" I asked Melascula who was conveniently next to me.

"It's almost noon (y/n)" she replied and by that point I shot awake. Noon? I thought. I hadn't slept this late in years...3,000 to be exact. I slowly laughed at myself. Who would've thought the key to my good rest was a demon. I didn't have any nightmares or anything. I was just able to sleep peacefully.

"Anyways where's Zel?" I asked, but Melascula only sighed. Then she chuckled a bit.

"He's talking to Galand who's just dying to get out of here." She told me and I ended up chuckling too. Galand is just as eager as always. It really was kind of funny. I looked over to Zeldris and Galand and somewhat began to eavesdrop on their conversation. Until I heard the words albion and destroyed.

That's when the reality hit me. The seven deadly sins were back at it again, and it was obvious that this fight, unless peace could be found, we wouldn't exactly be in the same sides.

It made me a little enraged to think about it like that too. My best friends, up against my other best friends. But I guess it's a tale as old as time. It's my destiny as a Satulumian. I was always fated to be the justice.

A/n: Hi guys I'm really happy to get this chapter out! And I'm really happy you guys are enjoying the story so much!! Also feel absolutely free to check out my new xreader, it's a Chisaki Kai x Reader and idk it's just another story I've been enjoying writing!! Thanks so much all of you!!