Chapter: 6

Ban's POV:

Most of us woke up hours ago but (y/n) has still yet to join us downstairs in the tavern. Apparently lucky for us there was a fighting festival taking place in Vaizel today for not only money but Diane's Gideon. Crazy how things work out like that.

Meliodas seemed adamant that (y/n) would be joining us but what did he know? "Captain just go check on her will ya?" I asked.

"Alright Ban. But I'm telling you I'm gonna just let her rest for a few more minutes and then it's go time!" He responded quickly. With that Meliodas headed up the stairs until I could hear his footsteps enter our room.

Meliodas's POV

I set foot in Ban's and (y/n)'s room expecting to see (y/n) fast asleep in bed but what I saw instead was shocking. My mouth nearly dropped wide with what was standing right in front of me. Shrouded by a halo of blinding light (y/n) stood. Although she didn't seem like herself. Her golden wings were stretched wide and her eyes were a gold fire. She almost didn't seem conscious, then I realized she really wasn't. Her head tilted up and to the right a bit before she whipped out her Solaria and pointed it at my chest. Not aggressively but as a sign from one warrior to another. Then she spoke.

"With the blood of the brother's lover and the hilt of the dragon, the soulmates shall reunite. The time is soon. The bloodline of darkness must...break...free!" After that (y/n) began to hyperventilate. Her wings retracted and she looked much more like the (y/n) I knew and loved. Her eyes returned to their normal (e/c) color and she fell to the ground. "What just happened Melio?" She whispered while looking at me with tears glossing the bottoms of her eyes.

She had no recollection of anything that just happened. I nodded my head and put my hand on top of hers. "I think it's best if you rest up today (y/n)." I told her. She just looked at me confused. I pat her head a few times and put my hand on her cheek. "Zeldris wouldn't want you to overwhelm yourself." I said and maybe it was just a ploy for now but it was the first thing I thought to say.

(Y/n) nodded to me and started pushing herself up off the floor. She hopped into bed and just before I was about to leave she spoke. "Do you think there's a way to bring just him back Melio?" I looked back at (y/n) and solemnly shook my head before exiting the room. To be honest I didn't like the thought of any of them coming back. I mean we tried so hard to get them all sealed away in the first place. Anyways even Zeldris, he's leading them. So as far as anyone's concerned. They aren't coming back.

When I made it back downstairs everyone was waiting for me. Even Hawk was loaded up with booze and ready to go. I'm sure they all assumed when I came downstairs empty handed that (y/n) wasn't coming.

"Come on captain let's get going." Diane ushered. But I only shook my head.

"Diane, Giants aren't allowed at the festival after apparently one went off the rails last year. So you'll have to stay back." I told her. She gave me this wince of sadness and then Elizabeth volunteered to stay with her. "Anyways I need you two to find ingredients for dinner and look after (y/n)." I finished before headings out with Ban and King. I'd miss having Elizabeth by my side all day but at least I could cut loose during this fighting tournament I thought.

(Y/n)'s POV

I began to slip in and out of sleep. Dreams would come to me and then fade away. It was kind of peaceful and I enjoyed Diane and Elizabeth coming in to check on me. Elizabeth sat by the bed and Diane was outside my window then we began to chat for a bit.

"So Elizabeth would you say you're in love with the Captain?" Diane asked with daggers in her eyes. I laughed as Elizabeth responded.

"Uhh- I..." she began before becoming speechless. "(Y/n) how about Ban are you two together?" Elizabeth asked trying to change the subject.

"Oof been there, done that haven't ya (y/n)." Diane giggled.

"Stop it Diane!" I joyously shouted. "But to answer your question Elizabeth, no. Me and Ban are absolutely NOT a thing or together in any way shape or form."

"Yeah cause apparently (y/n)'s got some mystery man who DiSaPeArEd a long time ago." Diane commented. I just rolled my eyes.

"This is why I don't tell you guys things." I murmured while face palming.

"Is it true? Elizabeth asked. "Who is he? If you don't mind me asking?" I just nodded my head.

"He's someone I love very much." I said. "His name is Zeldris and we met a very long time ago but now I guess you could say he's trapped somewhere."

"Can you break him free?" Elizabeth questioned energetically. I simply shook my head and the room went silent from there.

"Well I guess we should go look for ingredients." Diane broke the awkward silence.

"Yeah, you guys should. I'll just rest for today." I replied, and that's what I did. I slept the day away. Until I sensed something severely off.