Chapter: 8

World ender, my secret power bestowed upon me at birth. It was so dangerous Merlin took 99% of it away from me 10 years ago. But that 1% is still as deadly as ever.

In ancient times in order to achieve balance; the goddess race was to be seen as "the good." While the demon race was to be seen as "the bad." But the Satulumian race was the judgement. Only one member of the royal family is born with the power to end worlds and we don't take it lightly. I just so happened to be the lucky child. 3,000 years ago, my family made residence in Britannia due to the enormous threat that was the holy war. Our true purpose was to watch over the war and if need be, destroy them before they destroy themselves. But obviously that didn't happen so our work was fruitless.

Then eventually the goddess race found out what we were doing and the great powers we held and a man by the name of Ludociel led a raid on my castle leaving all my loved ones dead. I had snuck out that day without anyone's permission. I was the one who could've defeated them. But instead I came home to their slaughtered remains. Seven swords I pulled out of each member of my family's chest cavity. My darling sister, murdered in her sleep and the rest of them while fighting back.

I knew I was never supposed to choose sides but how could I not have. My family was dead and I wasn't there to protect them. I was supposed to be the justice. But where was the justice? That night I went on a murder spree. I killed countless goddesses, humans, fairies, and giants. But it wasn't enough. Everything was a mess, blood sprayed on every surface. My face was hot with blood running down it. Then a large pack of higher up goddesses came down from above, and that was the first time I used it. That was the first time I unleashed world ender. That entire day was my sin.

. . .

"World ender...consume." I whispered.

Seconds later a massive power came over me. I could feel my eyes roll back into my head and peel into a golden hue. Gold markings began to cover my entire body and I could feel my wings erupt and stretch out further than they ever had before. That purple haired knight from before only watched from the ground before I smashed her head in. I knew what I was doing was brutal but this was just who I became when I summoned this great power.

I took to the sky and just before I felt Diane's attack power rise, I struck. Meteors flew from the sky at top speed leaving only craters of hot lava in their wake. I enhanced the sun to bake and scorch the land. I refused to attack any one person directly but they still would know my hatred.

Once I was done I felt it was a good idea to get out of here before Diane could unleash her attack. Even though in this state I could easily withstand it, I didn't want to take on anymore damage even in the slightest. At heart I really just wanted to stop fighting. But I'd never stop fighting for my friends and my future.

By the time Diane's attack hit the land I was already half way to Hawk's mom and the tavern. I could see Ban running with Elizabeth and Hawk but no Meliodas. I was flying pretty fast but I could feel my stamina begin to wear. I had to release my body of world ender. But not until I was positive that everyone was safe.

Minutes later everyone arrived at the tavern l, even Diane with Meliodas. I released my body of the world ender seal and a small smile came over my face. The gold marks began to fade and my eyes returned to their normal (e/c) color. My wings shrunk and before I could realize, I was falling from the sky. I must've really abused my stamina, I thought to myself. But just like that the world ender power was tucked away back into my veins.

Just as I began to brace for impact on the ground, I was caught. I looked up and saw the face of Ban who just gazed at me with a distraught look.

"You've got some explaining to do (y/n)..." He told me before I was whisked away inside the tavern and sat in a chair. Ban, King, and Diane from outside gave me sinister looks and Elizabeth just looked confused while Meliodas stood behind the bar with his hands behind his head whistling.

"What the hell was that out there (y/n)?. Ban asked but to be honest I had no clue how to answer. "It looked liked you and Meliodas just flipped some switch and boom became all powerful war gods." He continued.

"It's a power I've had since birth. It is my duty to be the judgement and use my power accordingly. I was just doing my job." I sighed and told them. They still looked confused.

"A power? What power?" King questioned. But I knew that no matter how I responded, they wouldn't like it.

"It's called world ender, or also known in Satulumia as the ultimate justice." From there I felt inclined to tell them the story of how my family died and my sin. They had a right to know my life's story. But of course I'd leave out the part where I fell in love with Melio's brother and all the demon stuff. I knew that this would only scare them but what else could I do.

. . .

"So your castle is 3,000 years old?" Elizabeth asked.

"Well it's been restored twice." I assured her and laughed. We spent most of the night making talk of my life and although I'm sure I only told them a fraction of the story, they were satisfied for now. After all, we took home a somewhat victory today against the holy knights.