Chapter: 20

A few hours and one wild Hawk chase later I decided that maybe I'd just go off to the festival alone. I mean after all, I've been doing a lot of things alone lately. It made me kind of sad but I just shrugged the feeling off and began to walk away from the tavern and into the city.

I passed by countless citizens and holy knights giving me their praises and gratitude. But I had to assure them that I only did as much as the next person, after all, I wasn't even there for it all. I found a small but elegant looking café and by some luck it didn't seem to be touched by the maelstrom of destruction that happened in this city only yesterday. All it's bricks were still in place and not a shingle on the roof was scratched or scraped.

I decided to walk in and maybe have a little snack but once I entered the wooden door a little bell rung at the top of the door that indicated I had entered and once the tiny sound had been made, all eyes in the café were on me. Especially the ones of the pink haired knight who I had encountered at my home not too long ago. Gilthunder, that's what I'm pretty sure his name was. A short stare down occurred but eventually he put one arm behind his head and greeted me.

"(Y/n)? Right?" He approached me with a smile. "Come sit down with me. I'd love to chat with the legendary knight that travels with the sins!" I walked over and took a seat down next to him.

"Believe me I am no knight." I replied to which he looked slightly confused. "I'm a Queen." I quickly followed up, only slightly fueling my ego. He kept smiling almost as if he was star struck.

"With your moves, you'd put any holy knight to shame!" He responded wholeheartedly. But I didn't want him getting the wrong idea. Just as much as I was strong, I was also weak. I put up a small hesitant smile and giggled a little before correcting him.

"To be honest, I doubt I could beat all of you. I mean that one time at my castle was really shear luck." I softly said. His eyes widened and he began to understand a bit more.

Soon after a waitress came over asking to take our orders. I admired the young girl's spirit and was reminded of my own younger days when all I was living off of was ambition and hope, not grief and agony. She wore a dark green slightly tattered apron and held a notepad but her most noticeable feature was her smile that stretched from one end of her face to the other. I ended up ordering a green tea and a few pastries while Gilthunder had just a tea with extra sugar.

We sat and talked for a bit longer about our powers and their similarities. I gave Gil little tidbits on how he should improve and he enchanted me with more conversation. He told me what it was like growing up with Melio as his mentor and I couldn't believe he didn't remember me but in the end we decided it was because I was on too many missions back then.

After wishing Gilthunder farewell I was on my way to find what else to do. But I hadn't even noticed the gravity of the air felt different. The wind of the north blew with a slight hymn that night. A new chapter in my journey was about to open up.

(A/n): wow this chapter was short,I'm sorry, I just really wanted to get it out. I am going to continue, Don't worry. I just had to take a short break because a lot was going on for me. Again, I love love LOVE the feedback I've been getting from you guys. You are amazing!!