Chapter: 14

10 years after the demons were sealed away:

My dearest Zeldris, I'm afraid since your departure, my tears won't cease. For a decade, all I envision at night is a pedantic memory of the moment you were taken. My entire body won't stop aching, but today will be different. Today I will leave my castle for the first time in ten miserable years. I can only hope for the best as I've recently been informed of the way to break the seal on your coffin of eternal darkness.
Forever yours,
(Y/n)

. . .

"Hello miss, I think you dropped this?" A stranger shouted from behind me as I walked down the streets of a local township. I stopped in my tracks when I realized the stranger was talking to me. However instead of feeling kindness, all I could feel was panic. A strange terror formed in my body and time began to dilate.

Without thinking, I light the man up into flames leaving only the piece of parchment I had dropped seconds prior. Horror erupted throughout the town as the ashes of a man lay in the street. I began to quickly speed away and pull my cloak closer over my head in attempt to cover my tears. My tears wouldn't stop and fear ran rampant in my mind. 'what the hell just happened, I need to get out of here.' Was the only thing I could think as I ran.

The townsfolk were following me with pitchforks and knives. They were screaming "ITS A DEMON, ITS A DEMON. KILL THE DEMON, KILL IT!" At the tops of their lungs. I could only run so fast, my heart felt like it broke all over again. The one day I believe I can finally find the will to leave the castle, one of the most horrible things I've ever experienced happens.

The mob was throwing rocks at my back and it would sting a little everytime one would hit me. I could feel the places where I would bruise and hope that my healing ability would kick in soon. But deep down, I knew I deserved this pain. Deep down, I was a monster and only Zel could ease the sorrow.

This was the first of seven incidents of which I found myself unable to control my feelings and hence, my power. On the seventh incident I met a man and he changed my destiny forever. His name was Meliodas.

. . .

I looked to Melio when the armored mage appeared but his reaction was just pure anger. When I looked back I saw she had Elizabeth. I tried to rush over as fast as I could. I swear, Elizabeth was barely at my fingertips when suddenly *poof* the mage and Elizabeth were gone.

Everyone in the room was in silence for a few seconds while we took it all in. I could feel the tension soar as Meliodas's anger started to take over. I could feel the ever so slight demonic energy that sought to surface in his body.

"Well do you guys wanna go to Liones now cause suddenly I'm feeling pretty up to it." I almost sarcastically said to the group of us in the tavern. I'm sure we were all feeling the same things; confused, surprised, and just a bit angry.

Within seconds Melio was out the door and me, Ban, King, and Gowther ran to follow him. "Diane!" He shouted. "They took Elizabeth, we need to get to Liones. Do you think you could help?" Diane's expression modified to shock when she heard the news. She may not have been too kind to Elizabeth in the beginning, but now, I could tell she considered her a dear friend.

"Right of course." Diane replied as she picked up Meliodas.

"I'm coming too cap'n!" I heard Ban yell to the pair. By the end of the exchange Gowther was with them too. All of them were in Diane's hand ready to be thrown all the way to Liones.

"I'll be right behind you guys!" I shouted just as Diane was stepping back to make the pitch. I decided instead of waiting to see whatever wacky idea Diane and King come up with as a plan to travel to Liones, I'd just fly on my own. I mean I'm pretty fast and I'm a way, I liked the solo mission. It'd give me some time to think.

"How on earth do you expect to get to Liones in time?" King bombarded me.

"I'm pretty fast you know. At my max speed it should take me about an hour." I replied to his dismay. King just sneered and turned around.

Before we knew it, Diane took the throw and off were Meliodas, Ban and Gowther. They were airborne until we couldn't see them anymore. Diane relaxed her stance and turned back to us before making a smile. King and Diane both looked at me and I just nodded at them.

"So you really can get to Liones in an hour?" Diane questioned me. I looked away for a second before responding. The truth was it'd take me almost two hours. Only because, I had to make a pit stop.

"Of course!" I lied to them anyways. They both smiled while I still gazed off. "I'll see you guys in Liones!" I yelled to them just before I felt my wings eject from my back, and then I took off, completely knowing my mind was swirling with thoughts of my own deceit. I just hope they can forgive me one day...