Chapter: 4

We'll be near Vaizel in about a day or so I was told. After me and Meliodas's little chat I was also informed that I'd be spending my nights sharing a bed with Ban. That was when I knew my nights would be hell on earth. It wasn't like I got much decent sleep anyways but I sure would enjoy at least a comfortable place to rest, and Ban slept like an absolute animal. I knew that from the years I spent with him and the sins. Out of all of them, Ban was the loudest, most terrible sleeper. He'd latch onto anything in his immediate vicinity and cuddle it, or in some cases, ring its neck.

In the tavern Ban and Meliodas were busy cooking lunch for everyone. I knew by now not to trust Meliodas's meals so I told Ban to cook me up something extra. He did with joy. Me and Ban we're always very close, I guess that's why everyone assumed I'd enjoy sharing a room with him. But I'd rather have my heart fed to a serpent before I slept in the same bed as Ban. I've known Ban even before he joined the sins and before he met Elaine.

Me and him go pretty far back. A few years after his caretaker Zhivago left, I found him in Ravens. And yes I got the joy of caring for teenage Ban. It was miserable, but I loved him like a little brother. He'd tell me stories about him and Zhivago and how he felt after he left. Then I'd tell him stories about a man I once loved who also was taken away from me. Most of the sins know I was in love with someone at some point and that they were taken from me. But I don't think I could ever tell them that it's Meliodas's brother. If I did they might not trust me anymore. It would be a very sticky situation.

We ate lunch and by this point we we're moving so fast that Meliodas said we might be there by this evening. That meant he had time to set up the tavern and gather intel on the sacred treasure that might be there. I believe it to be Diane's Gideon. These sacred treasures mean so much to the sins so I see how it's a good idea to find them before going on offense against the holy knights.

Ban poured me a cup of ale and we all talked about a bunch of things like what we'd do when we reached Vaizel, how we'd go about finding the other sins, etc...

"Hey (y/n)." Diane shouted at me.

"Yes Diane?" I replied.

"Dont'cha think it's a little weird how Elizabeth has been sleeping with the captain?" She asked.

I only laughed. "Don't you think it's a little weird how King sleeps next to you on his chastiefol?" I responded. She shook her head and her face went as red as a strawberry. I kept laughing. I loved Diane, sometimes when everyone gets too serious here, shes the only one who acts sane. In everything she does she means well and I've found that to be a vey rare trait. I love her, and all the sins to be honest, all for separate reasons of their own.

I gazed out the window of the tavern to the scenery on the left. The flowers were in bloom, the trees' leaves were blowing in a slight breeze, and the grass was wet with dew. I saw a deer hop with her baby from one side of the trees over to a small pond. They took sips from the pond and continued to frolic. That's when I realized not only in my mind but in my heart that I had been here before. 3,000 years ago...

Flashback:

Zeldris pulled me aside from the ballroom of a mansion that used to reside on the outskirts of Vaizel before it was even such. He took my hands and I could tell then that I was very far in love with him. At this point the holy war was raging. We both had social and political duties at this gala but instead we both decided to ditch them.

This gala was meant to memorialize my lost family who was all slaughtered in a raid weeks prior. I was still dealing with the pain and there was no way I could face this many people. So many people giving me their condolences. And yet so many people giving me their congratulations on my coronation to Queen of Satulumia. This gala felt like a mess of mixed feelings. I couldn't bear to stay any longer.

Zeldris continued to hold my hands tight. Then he pulled me down the hallways of the winding manor and out the front doors.

"What are we doing here Zel?" I asked him.

"I just couldn't stand to see you in there any longer." He said as he put one hand on the side of my face. A teardrop rolled down my cheek but Zeldris caught it with his thumb. He was so gentle sometimes it confused me how anyone could see him as a bad person. But I knew the things he did and I knew why he was called the executioner. I just wish it could be different.

I felt Zeldris's wings stretch out from his back and as he hoisted me up into his arms I asked, "Zel, where are we going?"

He took off into the air and replied to me. "Somewhere safe."

I closed my eyes and felt the breeze touch my face. We flew overhead some trees and fields of flowers until we finally landed at a hot springs. The heat from the water created a small mist in the air that danced around the ground and the brush. Zeldris held my waist tight and I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders. He began to move his hands up and down my body allowing for space between touches.

Zeldris then let go of me and began to undress.  I whipped around in shock. "Zel this is not the place to expose yourself!" I shouted at him. He laughed a bit.

"Come on, it's nothing you haven't seen before and I'm just going for a dip in the spring." He said almost arrogantly.

I rolled my eyes and smirked. Then I began to undress myself. Zeldris's eyes widened as I walked over to the hot springs and dipped my foot into it. The water was warm and soon enough Zeldris grabbed my leg and pulled the rest of me in. I let out a small scream before splashing him in the face with water. This turned out to be the beginning of a water war between the two of us and for the first time in a while I saw his eyes flash a bright green that counteracted their normal near black color.

It was then when we both stopped splashing and he came right in front of me. His face was inches away from mine and I just gazed into his emerald eyes that I loved so much. He knew it too because with that he placed his lips on mine and gently put his hands on my hips.

I shall neither confirm nor deny the events that transpired further but the one thing I will admit was that with all of my heart I was in love with him.