Chapter: 17

I entered into Britannia and immediately fell back into the same cave I was in just hours ago. However, it wasn't hours ago. I just barely beat the time limit and 5 and a half hours had gone by here. If I was lucky I could rush to Liones and still make it back in time for the fighting no matter how the battle was turning out.

I started running as fast as I could through the cave. I kept running until I could see daylight and by then I was flying. The cave was just south of Liones so I knew it wouldn't take me too long. Perhaps 15 minutes at my max speed.

I could sense a major collision of power and that's when I knew I hadn't missed it all. It seemed to be Meliodas and the same abnormal demonic energy that came from the holy knights, but this one was different and much larger. Now I knew I really had to get there, and fast.

I kept flying until I saw Liones. Then I almost halted in my tracks when I saw it was almost in ruins. I could see Hawk's mom now outside the front gates and I shot her a small smile before continuing to fly into the city. Civilians looked at me and some screamed in terror while other threw things at me. I tried to dodge the rocks and bricks as best as I could but at some point I began to feel a bit bad for them all. They didn't ask for an all out war to take place in their homes, the one place where they were supposed to be safe. I realized that now and begun to just try to fly higher and faster towards wherever this demonic energy was coming from.

My eyes met a large building that was in ruins, it was the building where the grand masters resided and the holy knights would train. I knew all this energy had to be coming from there. I flew as fast as I could to the sight but when I arrived, my eyes were met with everyone launching attacks. But not at what seemed to be one of the holy knight grand masters who had taken demon blood and was possessed with the power of a grey demon. They were all attacking Meliodas.

So much was confusing about this scene. A grey demon? Where would you even get one of those these days? But once I figured out Melio's plan I knew what I had to do. He was going to use revenge counter and he needed all the power he could get.

I flew down next to Ban ready for him to give me a dirty look but instead just smiled at me, like he hadn't even noticed I was gone. But instead of questioning it, I just decided to focus on the mission at hand; shoot Melio with as much power as possible.

"Lumen's bolt!" I shouted and was immediately met with a surge of light that radiated energy. It shot lightning at Meliodas and I swore I saw him flinch a little. But I knew, besides world ender, that attack took the most power from me. Power that Melio needs to defeat whatever this monster is. I sighed and wiped my forehead in slight exhaustion. I guess after all that portal jumping and flying my body was taking the toll.

I watched the others and all the holy knights shoot attacks at Melio for the next few minutes while he pseudo fought the grand master. I wondered what had happened to make the battle come to this. The holy knights were on our side, the pink haired knight who had been at my castle was here too. They were all fighting with us against the common enemy.

I could sense all the power welling up and before I knew it I heard Meliodas shout. "REVENGE COUNTER!" The look on everyone's faces were pure shock as Meliodas unleashed a massive attack onto the demon possessed grand master. Light poured through the sky at him and completely obliterated him. I knew the strength of Meliodas's power but even I was impressed by this.

The holy knights stood in awe and everyone stood still as Meliodas dropped down to the ground exhausted. Elizabeth ran to him and that was when I saw the worst casualty of them all. Behind where Elizabeth stood was Hawk lying on his side, black as soot.

I thought maybe if I had been here sooner none of this would've happened bu then I was met with a rather gentle hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw the face of my best friend. Ban, and all I could do was give him the tightest hug imaginable.