Chapter: 23

The fight between Ban and Meliodas had ended just a few hours prior and now we all spent our night drinking inside the tavern.

For some reason Ban was acting weird after the tied match and I was determined to get to the bottom of it. At one point he walked out of the tavern and at which point I followed.

I crept up behind him and could see he was sulking about something. His head was in his hands and his normal cocky look was gone.

"Bany..." I spoke gently as I decided to make my presence known. The more steps I took towards him, the more he freed his face from his hands.

"(Y/n). I really didn't want you to see me like this." He replied softly. "I just think I'm gonna leave. Tomorrow morning, I've just gotta go." He continued before looking to the side and not facing me.

"I still don't understand. Why do you have to go?" I questioned and he sighed before replying.

"It was either you or him. The goddess in the trumpet under the castle. She said I had to kill either you or the captain and they'd bring back Elaine. But I just can't do that now can I? And now that I've betrayed you two by even considering it, I just have to go." He explained and honestly I didn't know what to say. But I guess that explained his attitude change towards me after I came back from Satulumia.

"Ban it's Not like that. You're still welcome here. Please Ban. Stay." I nearly cried out. I was feeling so confused. After hearing about the goddess in the trumpet and Ban leaving. I couldn't loose my best friend.

"Please (y/n) just go inside, go to bed and I promise I'll say goodbye to you when I leave." He urged and at this point I was crying but I had to accept what he wanted. No matter how much I know I couldn't loose him, I knew I couldn't keep him forever. I only wanted him to be happy. So without replying, I nodded my head and went back to the tavern. I just had to believe he'd keep his word.

. . .

"(Y/n)... (y/n)!! Come on we're gonna be late!" Diane spoke as I slowly began to open my eyes.

"What. Huh... where's Bany?" I questioned still half asleep.

"Ban left early this morning, and so did King." Diane trailed off into a whisper. That bastard didn't say goodbye, I thought. And by then I was in full wake up mode. "Come on (y/n), I went and got you an outfit for today." Diane continued with her normal excitement.

"Oh yes. The award ceremony!" I exclaimed as I put on the silver and gold dress Diane bought me. I had Diane button me up in the back and by the time I was able to finish getting ready we had to rush out the door.

"Come on, we shouldn't be too far behind schedule!" Diane shouted as we ran down the streets but when we arrived at the castle, they were ready to give out our awards.

"I object!" Meliodas shouted as soon as the King presented our medals. I had just arrived and already Melio has to go and make a scene. "I heard some of you disagreeing with these awards so come on up.—" He continued. But my head was pounding all out of nowhere. I couldn't comprehend what was happening around me anymore. All I knew was something was going to happen and it couldn't be good for Britannia. My head filled with white noise and my eyes went black. It was like I had passed out but I was still standing. This was something I had never experienced before.

I finally awoke from my odd daze while I was being carried back from the award ceremony into the tavern.

"Hey guys. What happened?" I questioned but I got no answer. "Come on you have to tell me. I know something big happened while I was out... I felt it..." I continued and only Merlin answered this time.

"I think we should have a talk darling." She exclaimed with an almost somber tone.

"Ok I don't remember when the last time you called me darling was but obviously something big happened." I replied with curiosity.

"They're back." Melio said dimly. Not even picking his head up to look anywhere but the ground.

"No you don't mean-" I spoke until I was interrupted.

"The Ten Commandments. The demon race. They're back. You passed out because your soul was called on by one or all of them." Merlin spoke out.

"Let me down, I can walk on my own thanks." I said to Merlin who was still holding me. My breathing increased and I could feel every inch of my body start to melt. This feeling, it was euphoric. Zeldris. My Zeldris was back. My heart could explode.

"I'm going to them. I can pinpoint their location and I'm going." I shot out.

"Absolutely not, you will stay here!" Meliodas shouted but I just gave him a look that I couldn't tell if it scared him or broke his heart. But I just took my hair out of the bun it was in and marched out the door.

When I outside of the tavern I took a deep breath and already I could sense them, I could sense him. I erected my wings and from there I let my senses guide me.

. . .

The sky was getting dark and so was the energy in the air. I ended up over a place called Edinburgh, it wasn't too far from my castle. I lowered myself closer to the ground and that's when I found where they were staying.

I landed right at the bottom of the massive cascading black structure. That's when I saw him. For the first time in 3,000 years I saw his face. He looked down from atop a peak and soon enough he jumped down along with Galand and Melascula.

A tear ran down my face as I saw him right in front of me. I touched one hand to his cheek and smiled. He then wrapped his arms around me into a warm embrace.

"(Y/n)... I can't believe you're actually here." Zeldris choked up through obvious tears.

"Oh Zel, you have no idea how I've missed you." I cried, because finally I was back in his arms.