Chapter: 9

We were on our way to a new town to set up the tavern in and gather intel when Meliodas stopped by my room to talk. He knocked on the half open door and asked "are you free?" I nodded at him and smiled. He entered and sat down on a chair across from me.

"They took my sword you know." He said quietly. My eyes widened and although I knew It shouldn't have, my heart jumped and skipped a beat. We both knew what this meant, they wanted Elizabeth and the sword. They were trying to break the seal on the coffin of eternal darkness.

"Don't think I'll get in your way. No matter my personal endeavors, I know we have to stop them..." I responded with obvious sorrow. I wanted to believe that even if they did get out I could convince Zeldris to not cause harm, but that will of his is unbreakable.

"If they do get out (y/n). He'd be their leader." Meliodas continued but I only nodded my head and felt part of me sink to the floor. He had no idea what it was like to not have seen his face in 3,000 years. I remembered the first time I saw his face, it was so long ago but it was so wonderful.

Flashback
*play song*

My family was invited to the demon realm by the demon king himself for a gala. I guess that was his way of trying to get on the good side of justice. I mean after all Satulumia and Purgatory were "sister realms".

Anyways I was maybe 13 years old at the time and I was dressed in a dark red dress with lace sleeves. I wore a black and gold pendant and a small tiara on my head to signify royalty...although not everyone got the memo. A boy with black hair who looked about the same age as me began to approach me while I was staring off into space and snacking. 'Mmm yummy in the tummy' I thought before I was so rudely interrupted.

"So what part of purgatory are you from?" The boy asked me, I turned around with food in my mouth looking confused. "Also it's a tad bit rude to wear a tiara at your kingdom's palace but I won't tell if you don't." He continued. I swallowed my food and looked him in the eyes.

"I am no demon." I assured him before turning back around to the snack tray.

"Then who are you? He asked right before I felt him grab my hand. Normally I would've pulled away but something drew me to this boy, I wanted to know more about him.

"My name's (y/n) (l/n), second princess of Satulumia." I replied to him, he smiled.

"I'm Zeldris, third prince of the demon realm." He said before taking my hand yet again but this time he kissed it. "And may I have this dance (y/n)?"

"Yes...Zeldris." I replied wholeheartedly.

We danced until the night was done and even more so after. We made conversation of everything and nothing. It was rather beautiful until it was certain that I had to go home.

We both stood on a balcony overlooking a brilliant garden Zeldris held my hands tight and I swear, no light I could ever produce could replicate the warmth of his hands.

"Promise me we'll meet again." I said to him with the most hope I think I've ever had in my life.

"I promise."

. . .

We began to arrive in a town filled with windmills. I had one hand on my cheek and I was calmly staring out the window. That was until I felt Hawk's mom stop in place and begin to burry herself in the ground. I should probably head down to the tavern and see what needs to be settled, I thought. On my way down I came across Ban who only half smiled at me while I passed him. I guessed he was still upset about me keeping secrets this whole time. I just sighed and kept walking.

Elizabeth was on her way out to gather ingredients and post posters for the tavern in town and I thought I might as well join her. Since she was the only one besides Meliodas and Hawk who was being somewhat nice to me.

We both walked with cloaks on to avoid being recognized, especially after our last run in with the holy knights.

"So is it true? Have you truly been lying about who you are this whole time lady (y/n)?" Elizabeth asked me rather politely. I shook my head before responding.

"No, not at all... I simply withheld information that I thought might harm you all rather than help." I explained to her in the best way I could.

"I don't think you did anything wrong lady (y/n). I'm sure King and Ban will get over it soon." She said to me.

"Yeah, I hope so." I smiled as we walked side by side into the village. It was a very beautiful village, definitely not something I'd seen in a while. Just when I was sure I'd seen almost everything, the definition of everything changes again.

We decided it was best to split up. I'd go to the market and buy the ingredients while Elizabeth would hang posters around the village. It wasn't a terrible idea. I actually liked the serenity of being alone for once. I liked being able to walk through a village full of people and children and animals and have no one know who I am. This was truly bliss. I couldn't remember the last time I'd been able to do anything like this.

But of course when you're me, it doesn't last long. I began to sense a power I hadn't sensed in years...Gowther's...