Chapter: 25

"That boy is a monster."

Zel just stared at me while we were alone in those woods. I couldn't tell if he thought he was the idiot or I was.

"I mean I know you guys just got back but things have changed in the past 3,000 years Zel." I said to him firmly then slowly fading out into a whisper.

"We'll have to see for ourselves darling." He replied softly while pushing a loose strand of my (h/c) hair behind my ear. I almost couldn't tell what he was insisting but I knew his anger for the beings of Britannia wouldn't subside easily. Even after 3,000 years, they were the ones who took everything from him.

"Don't just tell me now you've grown to be fond of these people?" He questions me next, and to that I truly didn't know how to respond.

"Zel I didn't, no, I couldn't leave my castle for 10 years after you were taken away from me." I nearly cried to the man I loved while still in his arms. "So if you're asking. Yes, I have many friends and loved ones here. But if you're wondering, no. I never gave up on you or my determination to love you and be with you for however long I shall live."

He looked at me again with those dark eyes that I could only wish would turn green. His face sighed and a small smirk appeared in the left most corner of his mouth.

"Darling I'll never live down your sacrifices. But, for now, I can see about arranging peace." Zeldris surprisingly agreed, and I wanted to believe him. But I knew the second Meliodas or the seven deadly sins made a move against the demons it was all over. All I could do was hope for the best.

From there we would continue our little make out session and talking of everything and nothing. He told me just how lonely he had been locked away in that dreaded coffin of eternal darkness. Whereas I told him of my life in solitude, never again finding love, only friends, and wonderful friends at that.

"The Seven deadly sins?" Zel questioned with one arm tucked gently around my shoulder.

I moved in closer and smiled wide in proper sentiment but also because I secretly wanted Zel to know that these friends are the closest loves I've had in some time.

"Yes, they're my friends. The seven of them are sent off on tasks around Britannia, each one of them bearing a great sin. To say they'd match poorly with the Ten Commandments would be an understatement. However, these friends hold my passions, my secrets, and my love. Almost just as much as you do Zel." I said but could feel myself holding back. I didn't want to let him know that their leader was his own brother. Not just yet.

Zel furrowed his brows in curiosity but I only laughed at this slight notion. His eagerness to learn just what I'd been up to in the past 3,000 years was killing him.

"(Y/n). You could've moved on from me you know." He looked down at the ground and spoke softly. We were both now sitting on the fallen tree and he still held me tight.

"Every night when I'd fall asleep Zel, I'd dream about you, and every free moment I had, I was thinking about you. You Are my heart(s) and my soul, I love you, you horribly minded demon prince. To think I'd ever give you up." I smiled as those words poured out of my mouth. Those three words I had been waiting so long to say finally came out.

"I love you too (y/n), you beautiful light of my life." Zel replied in a near whisper and by then I had melted in his arms. I was facing towards him and my head was rested in the crook of his neck.

I don't know how anything in the world could ruin this.

A/n: hi loves...let's just say I'm very sorry about that short little hiatus but I really needed to work on school and my mental health. I'm also sorry that this chapter was so short but I promise, the next one will be longer. Also P.S: I will continue this story to the finish!! ❤️❤️ I Love you guys lots. Happy reading!!