Chapter: 13

Two days later:

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked Ban but to no response. He just looked at me and sighed while rolling his eyes. Whatever, I thought. I can totally go this long without my best friend. I mean, it's not bothering me at all. I just sighed to myself softly before getting up and walking away from the bar and over to the table where Meliodas sat.

"Oi Melio, you're not mad at me too are you?" I asked humorously.

"Of course not (y/n)." He laughed along with me. Well really we were laughing at Ban. Neither of us had seen him this upset over something so trivial before. It confused the heck out of me. I had known Ban for a majority of his life but still, I had no idea what was going through his head.

"Is this what anger is?" I could hear Gowther ask Ban at the bar. I then felt a sheer moment of hope when I caught a glimpse of Ban making a half smile to himself.

"Not even close." I could hear Ban say to Gowther and sigh. I started to smile at Ban with hope in my heart(s) that maybe I now had my best friend back. Although Ban just grunted and turned back towards the stove behind the bar once he saw me. Now some people would be rendered hopeless by this occurrence but I was not! No sir! Now that I knew there was a single glimpse of hope, I'll never let go until I get my Bany back.

The tavern was pretty quiet today. All you could hear was the thumping from Hawk's mom as she walked and the small conversations that would pop up between a few of us. I think after finding Gowther and realizing what the holy knights have truly been up to, it's exhausted a few of us. I mean come on though. Drinking demon blood for power? That's just nasty and a waste of time, any true demon would be disgusted.

Meliodas got up and left the table we were sitting at and that's when I knew I could whip out my secret. The truth was as long as Ban was mad at me, I wouldn't be eating any of his heavenly cooking. So before we left town I went to the market where I bought some meals for myself. Today's menu consisted of a shepherds pie. Obviously by now it was cold and I couldn't heat it up in the oven because that's where Ban was. So I had to improvise. I used my light and I made sure it was hot enough to thoroughly cook a pie. Then I moved my hands over the pie without touching it until it was a tender warmth and I could smell the chicken, peas, corn, and potatoes waiting for me on the inside.

"Did you really think I wouldn't smell that from a mile away?" A small voice suddenly said to me. I looked around and didn't see anyone, until I heard hooves clack on the ground. Then I looked down and saw who else but Hawk. He snorted out his nose once and trotted closer towards me. "I think some scraps are to be in order." He told me while moving one trotter against the floor.

"Well give me a chance to eat first Hawk." I replied and soon after quickly began shoving food in my mouth. In all honesty, I had no idea something besides Ban's cooking could be this good. The pie was absolutely delicious and now that I had to put up with Meliodas's subpar cooking, this was my only relief.

"Woah woah woah, slow down (y/n) you'll give yourself a heart attack and then I won't be able to enjoy the scraps!" Hawk squealed and I began to giggle. I guess I was eating a bit quick, I thought to myself. The food was just so good that, how could I not?

Anyways, I finished up the pie and gave the scraps to Hawk which he seemed to very much enjoy. He dug right in and within seconds, the plate was shining clean. At that point he looked at me, thanked me, and turned around to leave. My jaw was on the ground. He really just dined and dashed on me.

. . .

I guess the goal of the sins now was to keep looking for their sacred treasures and I guess try to come across Merlin or Escanor. I knew Merlin was in Camelot but I couldn't tell any of the sins. She asked me not to and I wasn't about to disrespect her trust. I mean after all me and Merlin were very close friends and we went way back. Like thousands of years back. Merlin is also the only person in Britannia besides myself who knows the secret to Satulumian potion making.

The thing about Satulumian potions is they're a craft that only born Satulumians really know because the secret ingredient is known as the Gallium fruit. The Gallium fruit can only survive in Satulumia which is just one of the reasons why I visit every so often.

But to be honest, when Merlin told me she didn't want to be found for a while, I was shocked. I always wondered, what was so great in Camelot that made her stay? But I guess I just won't find out, at least for now. She said she'd notify me, or just turn up when she's ready to make her return and truthfully, I hope that's soon because without Ban, things are getting awfully lonely.

Soon enough, the others came down to the bar. Melio was talking about going to Liones with Ban and King and I just rolled my eyes. Going to Liones now would be a suicide mission, and it seemed the others thought so too. It was a waste of time and my patience, but Melio really wanted his sword back. I knew why too. But I couldn't give my input because I knew what I felt in my heart was different than what needed to happen.

Then the armored mage appeared...