Chapter: 10

I finished up buying ingredients and by that time I could sense a collision of power. It seemed to be Meliodas, Ban, King, and Gowther against some sort of demonic energy. I hurried back to the tavern where I was met with Elizabeth holding a sword. No, not just any sword. The sword Liz had wanted to give Meliodas so many years ago. How it ended up in her hands, I do not know. But she gave me a look of determination and ran out the door with it.

I decided it was best if I didn't get involved in this tussle. After all, I needed rest. My mind was blazing with thoughts of him.

There were so much demonic energy in the air. This was the most I've sensed since the holy war. Something had to be happening with the seal. This was the closest we've ever gotten to the coffin of eternal darkness being broken. I won't lie, part of me was excited. But the other part knew I had to suppress all of it. If the demons got out they'd most certainly take their revenge on the four races that sealed them away, and worse, they'd destroy Britannia.

I sighed and sat at the empty bar of the tavern. I hunched over and laid one of my arms as a pillow for my head to rest. I began to think of a lot of things. As my body calmed down I thought of how simple everything was 3,000 years ago. How beautiful the untouched land was, and I even remember Satulumia. I haven't been back in almost 6 years now. I suppose I should make plans to return soon. After all I don't want to pull a King and disappear for years on end with no answers.

I missed Satulumia. It wasn't necessarily a pretty land by far. Actually it was mostly filled with intense oceans and a chaotic climate. But nonetheless, it was home. One day in Satulumia is three days on Earth, so when I visit for a week, I can sometimes come back and get lost with time. I guess that might be part of the reason I rarely ever visit but who knows.

Diane was sitting down right outside the tavern and I knew that she too could sense what was unfolding in the battle not too far away. I think we both knew that if we felt they truly needed our help, we'd be there in seconds. But they seemed to be able to handle this one on their own.

Pretty soon they returned with one more person than they left with. I ran outside to greet them and Meliodas waved at me only looking just a little beat up.

"Judging from your physical appearance, vocal tone, and power level. I'd say you're (y/n) (l/n), lone monarch of Satulumia. Gowther said as he stared me down. I sent him a wide smile.

"That's right, it sure has been a while Gowthy." I responded with excitement. He just nodded sharply before sitting down. In my heart I was truly happy that we were looking for the sins. After 10 years of being alone, having my dearest friends with me was something I needed. I mean who knows what would've happened if the sins hadn't found me.

"Oi Gowther is it?" Hawk asked Gowther but he only looked around as if he didn't realize who was talking. "Down here!" Hawk yelled.

"A pig that speaks the human tounge?" Gowther seemed to question.

"That would be Sir Hawk of the Order of Scraps Disposal to you." Hawk shot back. I began to giggle and before I realized it, Ban brought out the alcohol. I took a bottle of Vanya ale and then things led to another.

I became tipsy with Ban until it seemed we were the only ones drinking. By then I was just ever so slightly out of my right mind. We might've smelled King at some point, I'm not exactly sure but I think Gowther might've had something to drink as well because he began to cast magic.

"Invasion search light!" He chanted and started to tell us things that he wasn't supposed to know...

"Ban, in the Vampires of Edinburgh mission you robbed King and Diane of their physical strength while drunk." He spat. Not even a second after Gowther said that, King and Diane have Ban death stares.

"So that's why I was feeling so low on energy that day!" Diane shouted before both her and King lunged at Ban. I swiftly got out of the way and began laughing.

"Oi oi, that's not fair!" Ban yelled to Gowther who just nodded and adjusted his posture.

"I guess you're right." Gowther said before standing up and continuing. "King, you weren't fighting seriously in that fight against Dale. You could have easily defeated that opponent without me."

"And Diane, you claim to be 29 feet tall when you are in fact 30." Gowther stated as he now looked towards Diane. Diane only shrieks and shook her head.

"STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT! GOWTHER!" Diane yelled before he could finish.

"...and the fudging of your weight is even more severe." Gowther continued and by now Diane was stomping around and almost bashing Gowther into the ground. I might've let out a small chuckle and that's when King noticed.

"Hey Gowther, (y/n) didn't get one." King said before he realized I was giving him a death stare. I think he then regretted what he said but it was too late. Before I knew it I felt a sharp ping in my neck.

"(Y/n), you too often lie about the true identity of your lover..." Gowther started and I was getting goosebumps, they can't know who he is.  They can't know he's a demon, or worse, the prince of darkness, the executioner, the leader of the Ten Commandments... But then Gowther said it. "The true Identity of your lover is, the captain's own brother!"