Chapter: 12

"Look, (y/n), you really don't have to tell me anything, I trust you. I know you have secrets and whether I like it or not, you're entitled to them. But god dammit don't run off like that!" Ban said as he began to lecture me. I just stayed quiet while I thought of what to say.

Then after an awkward silence, I mumbled, "what if it was Elaine?" Ban shot me a very confused look after that.

"I don't know I mean what if the positions were flipped and it was Elaine that they were talking about. I know for a fact you'd be just as upset as I am." I spat which clearly left Ban in a position he did not want to be in. He just shook his head and rolled his eyes before shooting me a nasty look.

"You're a real piece of work (y/n). Ban huffed out as he walked towards me. "And now we're going back to the tavern deary." He continued right as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"BAN I SWEAR THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M LETTING YOU DO THIS TO ME!!" I yelled but to no avail. He just kept walking like he does every time he picks my stubborn ass up. I punched and kicked but Ban just started laughing. It was so annoying and I was more than over it all. Although, in the end, I was too tired to really fight back.

I don't think I could count the number of eye rolls I did from the time Ban picked me up to the time he placed me down on the front steps of the tavern. I went down with a small thud noise and Ban walked in.

"Oi weren't we gonna talk?!" I shouted before the door was slammed in my face. How rude, I thought to myself. But in all honesty I can't remember a time when me and Ban fought like this. I mean we'd get into arguments, but it was never anything we couldn't work out. I guess this time was just different and I had no clue how to approach Ban with it. Maybe I was just too tired and overwhelmed though, maybe Ban was too even though he'd never care to admit it.

I sat on the front steps with my head resting on my arms when King flew over. He just looked at me and sneered. I rolled my eyes at him before talking. "Come any closer and I'll use my, what did you guys call it? Super fricken all powerful war god powers on you."

"I'm not here to argue (y/n)." King started as he flew down next to me which was a pretty bold move on his part. "I know we've never been as close as you and Ban are but still, I don't think you should be treated as an outcast for having a few secrets." He continued.

I threw my arms around King and squeezed him tight like a stuffed animal. His words really made me feel a bit better than before. I inhaled King's warm, sweet, fruity scent until he put his arms around me. Then suddenly what was one of the nicest things I've ever smelled turned into a sweaty, nasty body odor. I nearly gagged before letting go. Then I face palmed when I realized it. Of course, King had switched to his other form. It was a little funny at first and it made me chuckle a bit. But then King switched back to his normal fairy form. He squinted his eyes and almost flew away but right before he could, I grabbed his arm.

"Thank you King. You have no idea how much what you said means to me." I told him and then I let go of him. But instead of flying away, he stayed for a second.

"It's no big deal (y/n). I just know that you of all people have pure intentions and Ban's just being Ban so I wouldn't worry about him." King responded with a smile on his face and just his smile alone made me smile, if only just for a second.

Just then Elizabeth came out and told us there was food ready. She also asked if I was alright after running off into the woods while borderline intoxicated. I assured her I was in tip top shape and went into the tavern to eat.

A/n: Hey guys!! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that's been reading the story!! I love hearing feedback from you guys and I'll see you all in the next chapter!! ;)