Chapter: 22

"ZELDRIS!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I just gazed to his cold dark face from the floor. Tears streamed down my face. Everything was monochrome. Both my legs were fractured in two different places and for some odd reason my healing powers weren't kicking in yet.

I could feel the heat of my own light created fire on my back and all around me. The sky was black with smoke and everything else was still on fire. I kept watching Zeldris limp forward with his sword in hand. Blood dropped down from his hands onto the blade and I couldn't tell if it was his or not. We were surrounded by a haze and a circle of the bodies of our own friends. Every single ounce of power I had was drained and poured into the blood and dirt of this holy war.

At one point I fell forwards into the very dirt, stone and soot where my comrades had dropped just shortly before. My soul was drowning. My body was dying. Not even my eyes would open for much longer. I knew once my eyes closed, they would close for good. It was so tempting just to shut them. But I could never let them win. I'd never let them even have the chance. They'd return and stab my hearts while I was unconscious, just like they did my sister who was asleep when they attacked the castle. So instead my eyes remained half open. Half open to cure the pain.

I wasn't paying attention to Zeldris anymore but I could still feel him nearby. He must be just as wounded as I was. I could feel his power pulling from him. But soon enough I felt something pull on me. I didn't realize just what or who it was until recently. But my (h/c) hair that was now dusted with ash and dyed with blood had been lifted off the stone and dirt ground along with my head. I felt a small and dainty finger wipe the tear residue from off my right eye and with all the power I still had in me I worked up a single faint word.

"Zel?" I whispered. But instead I received no response.

I prepared myself for demise. I gritted my teeth a bit and waited for the first blade to strike my heart. However, no blade came. Instead the rest of my body was lifted into the arms of a stranger I couldn't see yet. I was in the arms of someone flying but, it wasn't my Zel. My first thought was that it must be someone from the goddess race taking us to finish us off. That's when I muttered out a few more words.

"Please. Don't hurt Zeldris. I love him." I murmured to my carrier. Again, there was no immediate response. Only a female's sigh.

I woke up in my bed in what felt like only moments later. I was in the castle and I turned over to see Zeldris by my side. I didn't question this for a while. Not until thousands of years later.

. . .

I shot awake in my bed in the tavern. It was all a dream of an old memory. I nearly couldn't believe I was having one of those dreams again. It felt so real.

To my surprise when I got out of bed Ban was nowhere to be found. I pulled on my red and black bath robe over my pajamas then found myself venturing downstairs to the tavern floor.

"Hello!?" I shouted but no one answered. It must be fairly early but I guess everyone was already out and about. I rolled my eyes and decided to get ready for the day.

Just as my teeth were almost brushed and my shoes almost on, a certain pig decided to burst in on me.

"Hawk!! You Know better than to burst in on me in the Bathroom!! I could've been indecent!" I shouted to him. Hawk just let out a loud sigh.

"Whatever. But (y/n). You're gonna miss it!" He squealed.

"Miss what? Your next showdown with the scraps can?" I joked with him. He just shot me a Look of urgently and continued on.

"No that was just last week! But you're gonna miss Ban and Meliodas fight each other to the DEATH!!!" Hawk was obviously exaggerating, but you could never be too sure with those two. So I decided to finish up in the bathroom and follow him to the top of a cliff.

Wow he wasn't kidding, I thought to myself when I saw both Ban and Meliodas standing inside of one of Merlin's perfect cubes. I wasn't sure whether to be upset or amused by the pair and their obvious issues. Anyways I popped out my golden wings and flew up to Ban's side of the cube.

I gave a good knock on the impenetrable surface before yelling at them both. "What the actual hell do you think you two are doing. You're gonna damn kill each other." I shouted to which both their attention laid on me.

"I'm sorry (y/n), I wish I could've told you sooner. But this is just something I have to take care of, and I'm sure you'd do the same if you were in my shoes." He replied with slight anger.

"What, I don't understand any of your logic!" I yelled back but by then the fight had started and him and Melio began exchanging blows. I just shook my head and flew down to stand by Diane and Elizabeth. "What on earth is wrong with them?" I asked but got no answer only matching sighs from the two girls.

I looked around and I guessed Hawk really invited the entire town of Liones to come and watch the fight. Gilthunder and some other holy knights stood in one area and poor Gilthunder nearly fainted from watching the pair of sins go at it. Then in another area I could see a bunch of townsfolk and Merlin keeping a close eye on Ban and Melio to make sure neither of them truly went too far.

Throughout the fight I debated leaving a few times. Especially when a smaller fight broke out between King and Howzer all over Diane. It was completely immature for both of them and I really did nearly quit watching right then and there. But I thought about something I hadn't thought about in sometime; my own happiness.

If I just left, I'd just be alone again and all my friends are here. At least while I was with them, I could force an almost real smile. Now that I truly had to accept I would never see the man I loved again, I had to find some way to be happy. I couldn't face everyday with a nostalgia in my heart. I had to dream of a new life and one without the pain of my memory, because I still remember everything.