Chapter: 3

Morning came and all of us except Elizabeth and King were hungover. Even Diane who I didn't think drank that much, had somewhat of a headache. I was surprised. I didn't think I drank that much, but just to get rid of the migraine I was having I slipped a vile out of my pocket and drank it. It started to work in seconds and I could feel the pressure leave my head. Thank god for Satulumian potion making I thought.

Ban, Meliodas, and Diane were still asleep and when I got up I had to dodge their bodies, especially Diane's. I thought about shining glares into their eyes to wake them all up, but King said that was absurd. I only rolled my eyes at him. Elizabeth made coffee for us and we all sat around a table in the tavern.

One by one the others began to get up from their dazes. As soon as Meliodas was up, he was ready to leave. My maids had already packed my things and all I had to do was run back to the castle and get them. So I did.

I went back to the castle and surely enough all my things were packed up in my white leather suitcase. I bid the household staff farewell and told them they could all have a party if they'd like in my ballroom. Of course they laughed but I was serious. I always had a guilty conscious for keeping household staff. But it was truly because I was lonely, and most of them had no family to return to. I wanted to take them in and give them a home and a semi decent paying job.

Anyways, I returned to the tavern with my belongings and Meliodas told Hawk's mom that it was time to hit the road. We took off and I guessed it was now that I should ask Meliodas what the hell the sins were up to and how that might relate to the fact that I had holy knights at my door asking about them just days prior. So I walked up to the bar and had Ban make me a tea. Then I turned around and faced Meliodas.

"So Melio, what is it that we're exactly up to." I asked. He looked confused at first but then he told me all about it.

"Well you see, right now we're going to see if we can find our sacred weapons but then we have to stop the holy knights who've been terrorizing villages and causing all sorts of troubles for us." He told me.

"So I guess that might explain why I had holy knights at my door the other day then." I said. Everyone looked at me in shock. "Yeah some pink haired one named Gilthunder." I continued. They just kept looking at me concerned. "Well if it's much to you I drove them off and didn't say anything." I spat.

"That's good (y/n)." King responded. They all still looked concerned but I kept assuring them that I was alright. After all, I was the Satulumian who took down an army of holy knights in Danafor. Then Meliodas took down the whole city, but what could I do. It was dark times back then. I was missing someone a bit too much.

Meliodas went upstairs and gestured for me to follow him. I assumed he was going to show me to my room. I walked up the wooden stairs and into a hallway where a door on the right was left open. I slowly walked through the door and Meliodas was sitting on the bed.

"I just had to know." He started. "Do you still think about him, and do you still get the...you know." He finished.

"Not a day goes by when I don't think about Zeldris." I told him almost forcing a smile. "And as for the visions. Yeah, I still get them."

The truth was ever since Zeldris was sealed away, I've been getting visions. They come in all different forms. Some are sweet, some are scary, but they're all of Zeldris. It'll always be him.

I used to be mad at Meliodas and Elizabeth for fighting against the demons in the holy war and getting them sealed away. But now I've come to peace with it all. I guess...

Flashback:

It was a warm summers eve when Zeldris and I sat in the grass together. I was in my late teens and I was a bit of a rebel. I left the castle after dinner during the changing of the guard to meet with my love. Even with the holy war on the horizon I never doubted my safety. After all, a Satulumian princess and a Demon prince should be able to handle themselves.

Zeldris put his hand on mine and I went to rest my head on his shoulder. "I heard there were fireworks in a nearby town tonight. We could go up to that hill and watch them if you'd like darling." He said.

"Enough with that darling crap." I laughed. The smile on his face grew until he couldn't keep in his laughter. We fell back onto the grass and looked at each other. We were surrounded by beautiful oak trees on the edge of a somewhat steep hill. The sky was a brilliant yellow as the sun set behind us. Everything was so peaceful, I didn't think anything could ever ruin this.

I sat back up and glared at Zeldris with a smirk. "To answer your question, I'd love to go see the fireworks Zel." I spoke softly.

He kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me tight. To be honest he was the only one I felt truly safe around. No matter what side we were on, I could trust him.