Will you miss me too?

Valerie's POV:
Today is Demi's last day before she starts off with her world tour. I'm going to miss her a lot. I don't know what I'll do without her.

This evening our whole family is going out to dinner at some fancy place that I couldn't even remember the name of. I seemed to be lost in another land. It was as if I wasn't even in my own body. It was like my voice wasn't mine but it was someone else speaking for me.

"Hey, you okay?" Maddie put her hand on my knee. We were in the car together on the way to the restaurant with mom and Eddie. Demi and Wilmer were going to meet us there along with Marissa.

"Uhm yeah," I forced a smile. "Just a little sad today is all."

"It's okay, we're all gonna miss her."

I smiled once again to reassure Maddie that everything was okay. I didn't want to worry her. But there was this pit inside of my heart. This ache in my chest. It was probably nothing but it felt like the whole world.

We got to the restraunt. It was some Italian place run by a family of one of Wilmer's friends. We had a big table, they had to push three together. I sat in between Demi and Marissa. Demi held my hand under the table as she laughed with everyone. I wanted to laugh too but something was stopping me. I couldn't even eat.

"C'mon, try to have at least something," Marissa whispered in my ear.

I stared down at my plate of linguini. So many carbs. But I needed to get better. "Okay," I said under my breath. "I'll try."

We stayed there for about two hours and till everyone was done eating and talking. Demi wanted me to drive back home with Marissa and her so they could talk to me. I wonder what that was going to be about.

I followed Demi and Mar out to her small black car. Marissa has picked me up from school a few times, we've gotten a little closer. Sometimes she's take Maddie and I for smoothies and we'd laugh to our heart's content. She was like another big sister to me too.

We were driving for a while but I wasn't really paying attention until we stopped. But then I realized we weren't at home. We were at the beach.

"Hey, uhm what are we doing here?" I hadn't been here since the night Cole, or er Ryan, took me here. It was just too hard to come back. I could feel my anxiety level start to rise. Fast.

"Val, calm down. You're gonna be okay." Demi turned to face me.

I closed my eyes and thought of when Logan took me here. Those were the nice days. This beach has good memories too, I told myself.

"Okay," I said calmly.

"C'mon," Demi smiled softly. "Let's go for a walk. Mar and I want to talk to you."

I didn't say anything but instead just quietly walked out the back door and met Demi and Marissa at the front of the car.

They didn't say anything at first, but started to walk off towards the water. We took off our shows and walked at the tip of the waves. It was dark but almost relaxing. I tried not to think of the bad memories here.

"I wanted you to face the beach before I left." Demi broke the silence. "You're gonna love this place, I know it. I just wanted you to come at peace with what happened."

"I'm trying," I sighed. "But the trial is in three days... And I basically have to face it alone." It wasn't my intention to make her feel bad for leaving, but I just didn't know if I could handle it without her.

"Don't worry," Demi put her hand in mine as we walked further along the beach. The moon reflected in the water and it was just so beautiful. "Mom will be there. Marissa will be there. And the girls," she said referring to Fifth Harmony, "are staying in L.A. now so they'll be here too if you want them to.

"Okay," I said. Maybe Camila would come to the trial with me. And I know Logan is going to want to be there. "But you have fun on tour, alright?"

"This leg is only six weeks," she smiled. "And you're gonna come up for a couple days for your birthday with Mom and Maddie. We'll see each other a little bit." Then she stopped talking and stood in front of me, holding my shoulders at arm's length. "And don't forget: I'm only a text or call away. I won't be able to talk all the time, but when I can I will be there for you."

"And I'm here for you too," Marissa put her hand on my back in efforts to comfort me. "You've got a support system here, Val. Always know that."

"Thanks," I smiled. "I love you both."

"And we love you too, baby girl." Demi said.

----------------------------------------------

I didn't get up in the morning even though Dianna wanted me to see Demi off. I just couldn't... I wouldn't have been able to handle saying goodbye. Plus, Maddie and I are going back to school today. Maddie's excited but I'm a little nervous. Emily hasn't been answering my texts, but Logan's pretty excited that we'll get to see each other.

Once my alarm went off for the fifth snooze I finally got up. It was only fifteen minutes before we had to leave. I slipped on black leggings and a grey tank top with a light jacket. The downside of self harm were all those scars. If all the kids at school found out about those it'd be... Well practically it'd be social suicide.

"You ready to leave?" Maddie knocked on my bedroom door.

"Yeah, lemme just slip on my shoes!" I quickly hurried to the closet and snatched my black vans from the corner. After putting them on Maddie and I raced down the stairs and into the kitchen where Dianna was fishing for her keys in one of the drawers.

"Uh, mom?" I smirked, dangling her keys in between my fingers. She stared back at me shocked. "They were right on the counter," I laughed.

"Oh, you." She playfully nudged my shoulder. Wow. I always imagined a moment like this. Just a regular family moment. I loved it. Hopefully it would last... "C'mon," she handed me an apple. "At least eat this in the car, we gotta go."

I didn't say anything but took the apple and followed her and Maddie to the car in unison. Today is going to be a good day, I told myself. And maybe if I keep telling myself that..it will really happen.

Hey everybody! So here's and update for ya! You know the drill - comment and vote ! ;) maybe leave something to make me smile.
Alright so here's the QOTD: If you could travel anywhere where would you go?
And I only have one question about the chaptersss
1. What kind if drama do you want to see?
Thanks for reading , i hope you all have a lovely day. Stay strong❤️
And this chapter is dedicated to one of the last lucky commenters and it isss @love_da_hataz for commenting like three times lol