Get Back

Valerie's POV:

"What do you want from me?" I snapped.

"Calm down," her grip grew tigheter. I wanted to run. My insides screamed to get away.

"What the hell do you want form me!?" I struggled to set myself free. "I heard you and Demi talking last night."

She let go and I fell to the ground. "Ouch!" I said, raising an eyebrow. That was on purpose.

"Val," her eyes held tears. "Please don't take that personally." I looked away, trying not to cry as well. "Demi's my best friend I only want to protect her. And I only told her those things just in case. I was just worried. We barely know you..."

"You barely know me but you still judge me." I stood up and started walking in the opposite direction.

"Valerie! Please stop!" She called after me but I kept moving on. "I care about you!"

I whipped around so fast that she ran right into me. "You care?" I laughed sarcastically.

"You're overreacting.."

"I have to be careful! You have no idea what I've been through!!"

"You're right," her hands surrendered to her sides. "I don't. But if you gave me a chance, maybe I'll find out. And in the end things might work out."

I houht about what she was saying. She was just trying to protect Demi. I just felt judged because of my background. "Okay," I said.

She held her arm out for me, but instead of taking it I pushed past her and walked up the stairs and back to the hotel room.

Demi's POV:

After reading Valerie's note my heart started racing. Where the hell could she have went? This was all my fault. Did Marissa go after her?

Thankfully, I didn't have much time to worry because Marissa came barging into the room after Valerie plowed her way through.. "I embraced both of them with a huge hug. "Where have you been!?"

"Just outside," Marissa answered flustered.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She shook her head. "Valerie?"

She oepened her mouth to say something, then closed it again, trembling. Tears formed in her eyes. "I'm sorry," she sobbed. 

She fell to her knees, Marissa crouche dnext to her and ae her a hug. To her surpise, Valerie relazed and leaned in closer. "Honey, it's going to be okay."

"No, it never will. I'm so used to everyone hating me, I didn't know what to do. I though no one could love me ecept for Cole but he hurts me."

I knelt next to her too. "Come here, Val." I took her hands and looked her in the eyes. "You're going to get through this. We're gonna get through this together." She looked up at me, tears glistening. I got up and paced the room for a few moments. My hands surrendered to my sides. "You know what?"

"What?" Marissa asked.

"I've made a decision." They looked at me confused. "We're going to L.A."

"All of us?" Valerie's jaw dropped.

"All of us," I smiled.