Awakening

Valerie's POV:

I woke up at The Cove. It was the place where Logan and I had officially hung out the first time. There was a huge pounding in the back of my head and suddenly everything that happened rushed back into mind.

Shit.

I tried to scramble up but my ankles and wrists were duct taped together. Screaming for help didn't work either as a cloth was tied from my mouth to the back of my neck.

A malicious cackle became audible behind me. I turned my head to see a stocky guy in a ski mask. "You trying to get away now? Oh sweetheart," he said in a low, eerie voice. "But we haven't even had any fun yet."

Thats when he roughly yanked the cloth from my mouth. I gasped for air and spit on his face. The next thing I knew I hit the ground. Did he just slap me?

"Who the hell are you!?" I retaliated, trying my best not to show that he caused me any pain.

"You are stupid, aren't you?" Despite my fear, I shot him a confused look. He got out a ragged blade from his pocket and began to circle me. "Before I finish you off, I might as well spare you some time and explain." He knelt down in front of me and lightly pressed the blade to my cheek. "But it's gonna cost you," he smiled.

I spat in his face again. "You're sick!"

The man slashed his knife across my cheek. "Bitches gots to learn, don't they?"

"Why are you doing this?" My words came out more desperately then intended.

He circled me again and then pulled my legs out in front of me. He moved me so my back was leaning against the wall of the cave and sat on my lap. "Like I said," he paused to make another slash on my thigh. And then one more for each word he spoke. "Bitches. Gots. To. Learn."

"What the hell did I ever do to you?" I said barely above a whisper. "I don't even know you.

He groaned in frustration and took off his mask. "You know me."

My jaw almost hit the ground. No fucking way.

"Yeah, you thought I was locked up didn't you, bitch?" He snorted. "Well after that little scandal our precious mommy and daddy lied to you. They never really turned me in. They just made it look like it so you wouldn't go crazy... But it looks like to me that it didn't help with that at all." He lifted up the long sleeve of my dress to reveal countless scars.

My cheeks burned a dark red in anger. "They're not my mom and dad."

"Are you sure sweetheart?" His knife grazed my cheek once again. "Does Dianna really love you like a mother should? If she did, she would've never left you."

I did my best to push aside the hurt his words caused me. "Oh and like you were the best foster brother I ever had." I quickly jabbed my knee in his soft spot causing him to reel back in pain. "Like you said," I scoffed. "Bitches gots to learn." I watched him cross his hands of his soft spot in pain. "And Ryan, as far as I'm concerned you're one of the worst."

"The thing is, I'm not just Ryan." He got up from the ground and crouched closer to my face. Close to the point where I could smell his breath. "I'm Cole too."

N/A Hey y'all so here this is ! Sorry its short i'm just so busy. Do you think i should continue with this story? Idkk 😔 anywayss, i hope you all have a beautiful day !