I Hate You, Don't Leave Me

Valerie's POV:

She didn't. No, she couldn't have. I closed my eyes and opened them again. That woman was still infront of me - the one with the same DNA. I pinched my right arm, closed my eyes and opened them again. Shit. This was no dream. 

Just a few steps in front of me was none other than my own mother. Dianna De La Garza. What was I supposed to do now? Hug her? Scream - at who, Demi or that strange lady? Do I turn and run? 

Demi put her hand on my shoulder sensing my thoughts. "Val, I know this isn't what you want to deal with right now but I had no choice."

"Wha do you mean, you had no choice!?" I snapped back at her, totally ignoring the lady standing a few feet in front of us. I pushed past her and hopped in the back seat of Demi's black car. 

Demi got in the front and the lady got in the passenger. "She's our mom whether you like it at not. And she loves you."

"You tricked me," I spat back at her. The anger running up my veins. I was ready to explode I needed a release. As soon as I coud get my hands on some weed...just for a while.

Dianna put her hand on Demi's shoulder, probably to reasure her or something. But I never had someone to do that for me so I have no idea what that's like. The rest of the car ride was silent and when we pulled into Demi's apartment I hopped out of the car before it even fully stopped and walked to the door of her apartment, forgetting I had no keys.

Demi and her mom caught up with me and Demi's eyes looked tired. I could tell Dianna had been crying. I smirked, now she felt some of my pain.

"Why didn't you wait for us? Just give her a chance, Val!"

"Why?" I blurted out and turned to Dianna. "You never gave me a chance, you gave me away like an old pair of jeans for someone else to have. One that you didn't even love." I took a step closer to her this time. "Do you even know what I went through? How many different homes I've been in? And you never came after me!" By now her and Demi were crying but I didn't even care. "It's all your fault, everything I went through! I was bullied for not having a mom that loved and cared for me! I started to cut and purge because of you! And then I got raped!" I jerked my body in the opposite direction but then quickly flipped back towards her. "And it's all your fault."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demi's POV:

After that whole scene in hallway before my apartment door one of the old ladies came out from her complex and asked if we were okay becuase of the unusual noise... So I had to drag Valerie in. She was more than happy to retreat to her bedroom while mom plopped on the couch and curled up in a ball and cried. 

What was I supposed to do? Who was I supposed to comfort first? I knew this wouldn't have been a good idea. Why did I agree to this? I just knew how badly mom wanted to see her daughter and I couldn't deprive her of that since I saw Valerie first. 

I slowly made my way over to mom on the couch and sat right next to her, leaning my head on her shoulder. "Hey, it's gonna be okay. She'll come around. I know she will. Valerie's a really sweet girl once you get to know her, and she has a genuine heart."

"You're lucky you started to get the chance to know her," mom sobbed into my sleeve. "Everything she said was true! All of it, it's all my fault!"

"No," I mustered up all the strength I could get in my voice but still talked with love. "She was just angry. And it's not your fault, Patrick made you give her up. Don't blame this on yourself."

"But she-"

"Nope!" I said popping the 'p'. "Don't even go there anymore. Now, I'm going to check on Valerie. Go clean up your face, make us some tea, and we're all gonna come down and talk like a family."

"When did you become such a mom," she forced a smile.

"I don't know," I laughed. "But I have a good one to look up to."

"Let's hope," she said.

And with that I went up stairs to Valerie's room but she wasn't there. I checked my bedroom and she was there burried underneath the covers. So I decided to snuggle in next to her.

"Please don't be mad at me, baby girl." I stroked her cheek and moved a strand of hair behind her ear. Her beautiful brown eyes finally looked up at me after a few minutes. "I love you so much and I'm only 21 and don't know what's best all the time. But my main goal is to help you. That's why I want you to live with me." 

"Demi, you're lucky I love you a lot otherwise I would literally not be speaking to you right now." We both giggle. "I know you only want what's best for me, but I just don't know if I can do this with Dianna right now. But yes, I do want to live with you. You're the only person I really have."

"I'm the only person that you realize you have." I stroked her hair more to calm her down and before we knew it we both fell asleep.

A/N
Well happy birthday to the Demi Lovato!!! She has inspired me to keep going through everyting and along with it being her birthday it is a special day for me too because it is my three months clean. :) never thought I could make it this far and I have a few people to thank for their help along the way. You know who you are <3 Anyway this chapter is dedicated to all my readers because it means so much that you all read my story. I love you all <3 Stay strong, lovelies <3