What is truth?

Valerie's POV:

"Alright," Jake, or was it Logan, said. "I can explain." He ran a hand through his brown hair and looked into my eyes. 

I averted mine to the desk, pretending to read what Mr.Rice had told us to read. "So what was this? Was everything you told me yesterday fake, Jake?" 

"No, just let me explain-"

"Do you have any idea how many times I've heard that bullshit excuse?" I cocked my head towards his direction. And instantly regreted my tone of voice when his eyes told me that he was truly sorry. "Fine," I gave into his pleading eyes. "Meet me at lunch, then we'll talk."

With that the bell rang and I gathered my books getting ready for the next class. I walked out the door, heading for Precalc/Trig. "Hey, new girl." A small girl with a bright smile skipped up to me. "What was that about with Logan? I sit right in front of you two. Seemed a little inense.."

"Hey..." I replied awkwardly. "He's just..."

"A dick," she finished the sentence for me.

"Hmm, I don't know yet." We took a left down the next hallway. I had absolutely no idea where we were going. "Hey, do you know where Walton's class is?" I handed her my schedule.

"Ohmygosh!" The brown haired girl squealed. "We have all the same classes, I'll show you around." 

"Thanks."

"Oh and the name's Emily. How about you?"

"Valerie.. just Valerie."

"Alright, Just Valerie. I'll show you around."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The final bell rang and we were released for the day. I swung my back pack over my shoulder and made my way to my locker, which surprisingly was right next to Logan's.

"Val, just let me explain..." He put a hand on my shoulder.

I whipped around. "Explain what? That you lied to me? That's pretty fucking self explanatory."

I started to walk in the other direction towards the exit. Demi said she'd be waiting in the car at the front of the school once class got out for the day. "Val, someone is trying to set me up. I didn't know if he sent you or something... I didn't want to give my real name."

By this time we were in front of the school. I turned to look at him, this time I stared straight into his eyes to see if he was lying. But instead, it looked like he was about to cry. "Alright," I said.

"You believe me?" Relief washed over his expression. "I will make this up to you. I'll do anything."

"Anything?" I say, interested. He nods. "Got any weed?" I lowered my voice. Cole and I would smoke pot all the time back at his place, and frankly I missed it.

"Yeah," he leaned in closer as well. "I'll text you. Wanna meet up tonight?"

"Sure," I smiled and waved him off. I walked towards Demi's car and hopped in the passenger seat.

"So how was school, babycakes?"

"Do not call me that," I raised my eyebrows and laughed at her. "I have a question though.."

"Yeah?" She quickly glanced at me, but regretted it when she nearly drove off the road.

"Ohmygod, Demi, watch the fucking road!"

"And you watch your language!"

I snorted, that was rich coming from her. But we laughed it off. "Anyways, can I hang out with a friend today?" My voice got higher at the end of the sentence, hoping she'd allow it.