Father?

Valerie's POV:

I ran down the hallways trying to find a refuge. It reminded me of the night Demi found me in Chicago. Well. Didn't really expect things to turn out like this did you?

I dashed around the next corner to the right and collided into a tall, built man. My butt bounced to the floor. "Fuck," I murmured as I tried to scramble to my feet.

"Hey, where do you think you're going young lady?"

I looked up into Eddie's eye. "Uh oh."

"Uh oh is right," he chuckled. "Now, hand those over." He gestured towards the scalpel and bottle of pills in my hands. I reluctantly did as he asked. He set them on another doctor's cart and took my hand so I couldn't run away again. "Now would you like to tell me what's going on?" He said in his soft, yet strong tone. His eyes were tough but in the brims of them you could see that he was hurt by my actions. Why would it hurt him? He barely knows me!

I thought about answering him truthfully, but decided for what I thought was the safer route. "Does it really matter?" I said almost above a whisper.

"Yes, Valerie. It really does." He led me to the main floor and outside to a bench under beautiful palm trees.

"What are we doing here?" I questioned as he sat down.

"We're gonna talk this out. And until we do, you are not moving this chair." I sat down. "Good. You know, we care about you a lot. And we just want to help."

"Okay," I replied void of any emotion. I let my hair fall down my right eye. It was something I did when I felt vulnerable and there was nothing I could do about it. "What do we need to talk about?"

"Demi cares about you very much. When you left like that, she was hurt. Dianna cried. Your mom cares about you too. And I know I'm not your biological dad, but I want to be a father figure to you. A father that you can trust and can go to when you need help. I will be a father who will protect you-"

With that I leaped out of my chair and straight to his side engulfing him in a big hug. "Thank you, Eddie. That means a lot." And the best thing was that he hugged me back. I felt loved.

-------------------------------------------

Before heading back up, Eddie and I talked for about half an hour. I told him that I just got nervous with the whole family there. I told him how I was jealous of Maddie that Dianna kept her and not me. And he accepted me.

When we got up to the room Demi had a big smile on her face. I sat on the bed next to her, "I'm really sorry everybody. I just got overwhelmed."

They all looked at me with a reassuring smile. "It's okay, baby cakes. Just don't don't do it again. We were worried," Demi hugged me. "We love you."

----------------------------------------------

One Week Later

We were pretty much back to our not-so-normal lives. Demi had an iHeart radio concert tonight which we would go to as a family and watch from backstage. She had died her hair again, surprise surprise.

Logan and I had successfully skipped school three times this past week. We would either smoke pot on the beach or behind the school where nobody usually went.

Emily had comes over a few times this week. We've began to get really close. Since today's Friday I'm going to be sleeping over her house after the concert. Or at least that's what Demi thinks. Before we get to her house, we'll be at Josh Dunham's party. Josh Dunham was the most popular guy in the school. And we all knew his party would consist of lots of drugs and alcohol. Logan, Emily, Cierra, Lilly, Jacob, Caleb, Tyler, McKenna, Dash, and I were all going together. Perhaps that was our group. Sometimes Caleb, Dash, and Kenna would ditch school with Logan and I. It just happen to become our group.

After the school bell rang I kissed Logan goodbye and rushed out to Demi's car. "I just love your hair, Dems."

"Thanks," she laughed. "Now lets go pick up Mads."

Maddie was going to the middle school just a couple miles from the high school. Even though I didn't like her at first we actually happened to get along really well.

It took us perhaps three hours to get ready for the concert and all. Maddie and I had gotten ready together. Tonight would be amazing. I'd get family time and friend time.

"Y'all ready?" Demi asked as we piled into the limo.

"I was born ready," I joked. But really, was I?

Hey everybody!! This is sort of a filler chapter before the drama but ohhh man will next chapter have it ;) haha anyways sorry if this is bad but i'm writing it on my phone .-.

Thanks for all of your lovely support 😘 i love all of you !!! Stay strong ❤️