Go run run run it's a long way down

Valerie's POV:

"Logan.. We need to go." I hurriedly grabbed my stuff and started to run down the beach towards the parking lot. It took Logan a few minutes to catch up with me.

"Val, what's going on?" He gasped for air. Apparently I ran fast.

I ran my hands through my hair. "Can you drive me to the hospital? Apparently my sister is there."

"Yeah, sure." He took my hand and led me to his black Jeep. "It should be about five minutes before we're there," Logan informed me as he sped down the streets.

All I could think about if Demi was okay. Would this have happened if I wouldn't have left her? Did she cut? What if my problems triggered her?

"Valerie, breathe." Logan instructed. "You're not breathing," he parked the car and looked into my eyes. "Come on, follow my breaths." It took a few minutes for him to calm me down but eventually he did.

"Alright," I took another deep breath. Let's go in." We hurriedly walked to the entrance and made our way to the front desk. "I'm here for my sister," my voice shook as I spoke to the lady at the counter.

"Name." She retorted, annoyed.

"Demetria Lovato."

"Your sister is Demi Lovato!?" Logan's eyes grew wide.

"Yeah, but now's not the time. We can talk about that later..." I nearly yelled, my stress was getting to me and I just remembered I forgot to take my meds this morning. Shit.

The lady at the desk flipped through some papers. "Her room number is 301. You can go see her now."

Two minutes later we stood infront of Room 301. The door was closed. "Logan... I'm scared." I collapsed in his arms.

"Don't be, babe. She's gonna be alright. And I'm going to be here for you. We're in this together. Okay?" He brushed the hair from my eye with his right hand and kissed my lips. I softly returned his kiss.

"Okay," I said before opening the door.

Wilmer was sitting in a chair beside Demi's bed holdiner her hand. It was obvious that he had been crying. Tears started to fall down my eyes too as I scanned Demi's body. She had so many wires hooked up to her. Her face was pale and her brown hair scattered messily along her shoulders. She looked like a heavily bruised, sleeping angel.

"Demi," I softly cried rushing to the foot of her bed. 

Wilmer stood up and came over to me engulfing me in a side hug. A lot of people didn't approve his and Demi's relationship but he cared for her so much and they were so in love. Isn't that all that matters?

"Is she gonna be okay?" I croaked. "What happened?"

"She got in a car accident on the way home from dropping you off at the beach. It was a hit and run. Apparently some witnesses described the person driving the other car as a younge man in his twenties. The police are looking for him now." Wilmer looked angry and sad at the same time. As if he didn't know which emotion he should feel more. "Demi hasn't woke up since, the doctors say she should wake up eventually... but we don't know how long she'll be in a coma for?"

"A coma?" I gasped for air. Turning to Logan again. "This can't be happening," I said over and over.

"Hey baby, it's gonna be alright. Don't you forget that. We're both here for you."

"But Demi's the only family I have! I just found her and that bastard is gonna take her away from me." I broke away from Logan's grip and collapsed to the floor. "It should be me in that bed!" I pointed to Demi. "I should be the one in the coma! I should be the one suffering! This isn't fair!" My eyes anxiously searched the room for something sharp. Jackpot - scissors were on the table near Demi's bed. I darted for them and slashed them across my left arm. Logan pulled me back and Wilmer pried the scissors from my hands. "No! Nooooo!" I screamed at them. "Just let me die! I can't live without her!"

A few nurses rushed in the room. "We heard screaming," the man said.

We all went silent but Logan spoke up. "Her little sister is just having a hard time digesting everything. I'll take her in the hall. Everything will be fine." I noticed the man slowly put the needle he held in his right hand back into his pocket. He nodded and walked out with the rest of the nurses. Logan and I followed.

"C'mon, we gotta get you cleaned up." He led me to the family bathrooom so we both walked in. He rolled up my sleeve and started to gently clear the crimson liquid gushing from my skin.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"I can't tell you that it's okay, because it's not. But you're gonna get better. We're gonna do this together. I'm so glad to have you in my life."

"But when you didn't ask for this to happen today. I understand if you want to leave."

"Val, you didn't ask for this either." He brushed my bottom lip with his thumb. It calmed me down and left me speechless. "Bad things just tend to happen to good people. But I want to change that for you. And I hope us will be a good thing."

"There's an 'us'?" My cheeks flushed red.

"I know we just met, but this just feels so right. It may seem like we're rushing but how could I not when there is something so good standing before me? Call me selfish, but I just want all of you."

"I want you too," I pulled my body close to his, kissing him passionately. 

He gently pulled away. "I'm gonna be here for you. We're in this together. Don't forget."

"I wont." And for the first time since being at the hospital I smiled.

Hey, everyone! So idk how this chapter is and I'm really tired so i don't have time to edit it. Thanks for all the comments last chapter, this chapter is dedicated to all those who commented because you just make my day. I just want to thank all my readers. You're all the best and I love you so much <3 
Don't forget - stay strong my lovelies !! ;*