✝Prologue

_____________________________

🔁 ⏮◀⏸▶⏭🔀

She was running fast and was very exhausted as she miserably clung to the wall with every single drop of her energy.

Her head was bleeding, her hands were bleeding, her sides were bleeding, each side of her body was dying of pain. She needed to run far away. Far away from somebody who might exploit her because of her true identity.

She called a name, however, there's none she could state. She was isolated at this point. She expected to fight for herself. She expected to get by for the guarantee she had made to her family and her companions. She gave a valiant effort, moving up the wall as quickly as she could hear the strides of the individuals who were following her behind. She was being found. They discovered her.

They were all after her ability and she realized that they will go to utilize it for their potential benefit.

She could easily take them down but she was the only one left, and if she used her full power, then to what extent does she have to repay it? She has to. Either by paying with an expensive ornamental or by paying with her life. Or else she would lose everything.

This was something she was very afraid of. She promised her mom that she will keep their legacy and tradition within her alive, and if the last surviving species like her ceased to exist, then all of their legacies would be left forgotten.

This would disrupt the balance of the world. Without the last remaining people like her, the world will fall into chaos. She would not want that at all.

Now, here she was in harm's way. She needed to quickly run away from them or she might kiss her life and her family's legacy a daring goodbye.

The thousands of years her family rule side by side with humans and helped and protected them to have a balance in the world against the imposing evil would all go down in the drain if she was to be found by them.

The only thing she knew was to save herself using a veil in disguise. To be bound herself by a spell that will temporarily erase her memories. Without it, she will not be able to use her power and especially, her eyes who may harm any human being by just looking at her.

At least for now, before she could fully become a strong witch on her own accord, she needed to forget who she was using and empower a magic spell to blind herself.

They knew about her capacity and she knew that they will gonna used it to their advantage. She was in danger, and this was the only thing she knew to mask herself and be an ordinary person temporarily, away from danger.

"Ut obliviscatur est."

She recited those Latin words with the precise beating of her heart as her power started working on its way through her mind, all while she was tumbling from the escarpment above, as she viewed the similar divider she had climbed seconds back, murmuring the words she knew could spare her life.

She shut her eyes one last time as she recollected her old town, her mother, her father, and her companions who had been caught by them and were all slaughtered as she fled the scene.

She was the only kind of them that were left out there. They all were murdered by them and exploited. He deceived her as he reunited with them.

Her jaw clenched as she recollected each word he stated, "I will consistently be here for you."

A falsehood that she blindly accepted. A falsehood that demolished her entire clan and her family. An untruth that nearly murdered her and wiped out all of their legacies.

I won't let him get his hands off me. I will slaughter him first. Guarantee I will return and I will execute him first.

She forced herself to remember everyone as she tried to watch in her memory, one last time, their smiles, their cries, and their agony. One day, once she was strong enough, she will fight with them with her own hands. One day, she will kill them the way they had killed her own family.

She recalled each word her mother said to her on her final gasp.

"Vivere. Tu solus legatum habebamus. Tu solus relictus es, qui ad nos iustitiam perfice. Filia mea, habemus fidem in te.."

Her world changes into darkness as tears from her eyes stop flowing. The time stopped as she slowly descended from heaven and fell on the forest floor.

She spread her golden wing and left out a Phoenix cry as she put an effort to shift for one last moment before she hit the ground.

She embraced herself in the new warmth feeling as her memories started to get erased one by one and a single tear left her eyes, flowing through the wind as she slowly fell into the grassy forest floor. Her body turned back to the same human form as the last memories of her as the lord's Angel Eyed witch faded and everything turned into complete darkness.

This would be her new home, her new life, and her new identity.

☪❇✴⚜✴❇☪

©K I M M E S T I S A ™ 2021