Chapter 5.3 De serinibus

"The Sirens"

_________________________

The water was almost blue and green under their feet. They were sitting side by side in a small boat. Finally, their journey going back here that were almost four days, including the land transportation was all finally over. Rosé had spread her arms into the air as she felt the breeze running through her hair.

Jimin look at her in amusement. Her blonde hair was dancing on the air like a true ballerina.

9 years ago, she arrived in their small town to lived as a normal human being. She was not able to transform as a siren on her 15th birthday and so they realized that her human side was more dominant so her family decided that it would be best if she wants would just leave as a human being. Ever since, Jimin had take an interest in her but she quiet like someone else.

Although Rosé wanted to stay in her own hometown, but since she was basically no use for them as she could not really take care of the fishes and the sea creatures by the sea, then she was sent off where she met her half brother, Hoseok. The first born of her human father before he was seduced by her siren mother and was sent off by the sea where she got pregnant. However, he died after he save her mom from human beings who wanted to exploit her. Although she didn't really know what happened to her father before he met her mom.

Hoseok was shocked to find out he had a sister because his mom always told him that his father had died of drowning but that was never been the case. He was mad when he heard the story directly from Rosé's aunt but he never said anything. He always avoided her and didn't want to do anything with her. Rosé didn't know about his whole story but she was sure that there was a reason behind it, but it was never been her fault that it happened the way it did.

For years, she tried to get closer to him until when he got sick because of mating season since he haven't met his soulmate, she was the one who took care of him. Of course wolves don't fuck their brother's or sisters because their smell was too distinct that they would know who was who. Besides, it's immoral for their lack to do so, and so she was the only one who could visit his room and helped him with herbal medicine.

The next day, he saw their leaders, alpha Yoongi and Beta Taehyung, all in horrible condition and he was the only one that seemed to be well taken care off. Then that was when he started to treat her differently. After all, they were still brother's and sister's no matter how half of blood they had. They still shared the same person as a father.

She also lived next to the three-the runaway Jisoo, and the orphaned Jungkook, and Jennie. She was most likely close to them as the three had all came from orphanage. They all lived under the government assistance. The others has their own houses and they just go met each other and hang out from time to time. They also studied with scholarship under their head. Tried their best to study well just so they could go to school paying less amount. There was a reason as to why Rosé's heart ached for poor people. The same with Jubgkook. They had gone through a lot.

Although someone might say that her family already abandoned her, that was not the entirety. They had been sending her money every month. Especially her grandma father who loved her so much. However, there were four of them in the house. It wasn't always enough.

So the spoiled rich girl from the land of sirens suddenly faced with harsh reality of human life, matured at younger age as her hearts were filled with compassion. Although Jimin always bought her lunch when they were still studying highschool and college, and so the other guys who have their own families who supported the four of them. That was how strong their bond was until they were able to repay their kindness once they graduated and found a job.