Chapter 1.1 - Vita Nova

"Lily was a little girl, afraid of the big wide world..."

"New Life"

_____________________________

"Are we still far away, Jen?"

Jin whispered as he caught his breath. They had been hiking for more than two hours now, nonstop, as part of their camping birthday celebration for their birthday boy, Kookie, who just turned 23 in just a few days.

It was a long time tradition among their group of friends to celebrate someone's birthday with a surprise and so the group planned for an adventure birthday party for him since their muscle maknae had been working out lately.

The only problem was, most of the older ones are not prepared for this kind of thing, physically and mentally.

Jennie sent a death glare to her older adopted brother as if signalling him to shut his mouth or else, Jungkook might bust them up on their surprise for him. His birthday was not today, but two days ago from now, that was one of the reasons why they planned to spend the three nights on the woods, camping and partying for their heart's content. Except for Jungkook. He doesn't know any of this and never had any idea of what they were up to. The only thing he knew was that they were going camping today and going back tomorrow.

"We're almost there."

Taehyung said. One of their friends, as well, helped Jennie organize this event. He marked all the way he go through when he checked the place and asked for his people to set up their camping tent and some of their belongings.

Sure, having a birthday party in the woods might seem less ideal but for a group of friends that were up to challenge, it seemed like this one was just a piece of cake.

Last time, they spend Jimin's birthday, one of their friends, during a vacation in Hawaii where they both enjoyed adrenaline rushed in bungee jumping and in shouted at the top of their lungs as they both did skydiving.

Namjoon's birthday, as well, were spent time during cave exploring and island hopping to different places in the Philippines.

They also tried visiting Malaysia for a wildlife sanctuary during Jisoo's birthday. They also visited Singapore for dangerous zoo exploration and dangerous rides during Jennie's birthday. The group also visited India for a food trip because Suga has a lazy ass and would rather eat than climb his ass towards dangerous shenanigans.

They also went to Africa for charity volunteering when Rosé, Hoseok's half-sister, specifically asked them to celebrate her birthday helping other people.

Now was their maknae's turn to celebrate his awaited birthday. Because last year, he went to remote areas in Korea for helping blind kids with their special education and so he was MIA during his birthday.

Jungkook was a teacher as well as a social worker who wanted nothing but to bring back goodness the society had given to him. It made sense as he grew up in an orphanage and he knew too well how it felt like to be unwanted especially those kids with disabilities. Jungkook had a soft spot for them.

Although he never missed any of his friends' birthdays, it was just that day where he was called to some servitude over those blind kids that needed special help, especially that their former teacher took a break to have birth. Only this year they could fully celebrate his birthday.