opposites | erwin smith

You and Erwin smith were completely different people to say the least. He was stern and reserved, remaining stoic in almost any situation presented to him but he was also hopeful and determined. You on the other hand was the more expressive and social type, not fearing to be audacious to anyone even to those of higher rank than you. The real kicker was that you two were leaders in two regiments that never got along. While Erwin commanded the Scouts, you were recently appointed as the Commander of the Military Police after Nile Dok's sudden retirement despite his young age.

Now having this new responsibility and heavy burden on your shoulders it made things harder in terms of your reputation, not only was this unexpected but the public didn't react well having a woman as the new leader. You received a lot of harsh criticism calling you inadequate and inexperienced, telling you that someone else should have been chosen but you trusted your friend's decision and took the role willingly, planning to reform the Military Police and rid it of any and all corruption.

"It's been half a year since you've been put into this role, you'll be attending your first hearing today. Have you decided what to do with the boy?" one of the officers asked, handing you the papers with Eren's file and progress report.

"I'm still a bit torn but I have made a decision, whether he goes into our custody or not will not ruin our image nor will it weaken our forces. I just hope that everyone else remembers that." you tucked the papers in between your arm so you could adjust your bolo tie properly.

With that you were escorted to the hearing venue, you were stationed at the right side of the room with some sort of fence-like area with a pole in the middle where Eren was hand-cuffed to. Across that was the Survey Corps regiment alongside Commander Pixis of the Garrison regiment, the three of you shared a look before redirecting your attention to the Commander In-Chief.

"Well, let's begin." he sat down, picking up the papers on the table and adjusting his glasses. "You are Eren Jaeger, yes? As a soldier, you've pledged your life to serve the public, correct?" 

Eren moved in his spot finding a somewhat comfortable stance before answering, "Yes, sir." 

"Regular law cannot apply in these exceptional circumstances. Therefore, this will be a military tribunal. Ultimate authority has been entrusted to me even over your life. Now, I will only ask you once. Do you have any objections?" Zackly looked at Eren, "No, sir!"

"I'm glad that you understand. Now, this unprecedented case has given rise to many conflicting, passionate arguments behind these walls. There are those who call you a demon that will lead us to destruction. And others who consider you a savior who will bring hope to the human race. As expected, it proved impossible to hide your existence from the general public. When we are eventually forced to make an official announcement about you, it will inevitably produce a new threat in addition to the titans. We're here to decide which branch of the military will be responsible for your activities. That decision will determine how you are dealt with."

"The Military Police Brigade, or the Survey Corps. We'll hear from the Military Police Brigade first." he gestured. You held the papers tightly, "I am (Y/N) Smith of the Military Police Brigade and we believe that Eren Jaeger's abilities should be closely monitored as we have seen how much destruction he has caused. While I believe that it wasn't completely his fault for the destruction and victims of his powers, we cannot afford for this to happen again. He needs to be held at a safer location further away from any crowded towns to avoid this. My initial proposal was to thoroughly examine his body then dispose of it afterwards but after careful consideration I have decided that it would be too inhumane. Eren Jaeger should be brought to a far and remote area to further monitor him and see the extent of his powers to see if he can be deemed useful to protect us against titans."