Horses and Photography | Jean Kirschtein

[modern au]

"Move your ass if you don't wanna get stuck in traffic, Kirschtein!" you yell upstairs, waiting for Jean to finally go downstairs. You leaned on the handle of your luggage, phone in hand and it started to ring. You sigh and look at the caller ID, 'Mikasa'.

Ah shit, you were in trouble now.

"(Y/N), where are you guys? I thought we were gonna meet at our place?" asks Mikasa, you can hear voices arguing in the background and can't help but chuckle. "We'll be there soon, Jean's just taking his sweet time. Sorry about the delay." you say, "Alright, see you." she says and hangs up.

You huff and cross your arms, "C'mon, Horse face!" you yell again, "I'm not a horse!" screams Jean, running downstairs with his luggage in his hand. He ran outside to put his luggage in the trunk of your car. "Don't forget your camera." you call out to him, he nods and checks his backpack before putting it on top of luggage in the car.

Locking the house and grabbing your keys, you go outside to Jean. He grabs your luggage and places it in the car, you hold your shoulder bag and enter the car's passenger seat with a sigh. He notices this and sits in the driver seat, looking at you with concern on his face, "Are you okay, (Y/N)?" he asks you.

"They're waiting for us, you took a while." you cross your arms and face towards the window, Jean chuckles and gives you a peck on the cheek before you two drive off to Eren and Mikasa's house.

~~

"Finally you guys are here, we've been waiting for nearly an hour!" A whining Eren was the first thing you heard when you got out of the car, you chuckled.

"Jean took a long time getting ready, I have no idea why." you shrug, Jean shoots you a 'shut up or you'll get my ass killed' look. You chuckle and shrug innocently, you remove your luggage from your car and load it into the van that you and your friends will be using.

The two boys bicker, Mikasa helps you with the luggage. "That's odd, you're the one who usually takes a long time getting ready." you choke on air, somehow. You give her an offended look then laugh afterwards.

"Hey! I don't take that long, and I don't know, maybe you can ask him." you tell her, she nods in reply.

"Okay, that's it. I think we can go now, who else is missing?" you ask Mikasa.

"The others are waiting in the house, call them and I'll get the two to stop fighting." she says, you hum and head inside their house.

"Are you guys ready?" you ask as you step inside, seeing your friends chilling on the couch and watching tv. They all look up at your voice and send you greetings.

"There you are! We can finally go." says Reiner as he stands up, walking to you and ruffling your hair. "Yes yes, let's get going while there isn't much traffic."

"Hey (Y/N)." Bertholdt gives you a small smile to which you return, "Hey Bertl, how are you and Annie?" you inquire, he blushes and clears his throat. "We've been doing alright." you wave at Annie who nods back at you.

"Hello (Y/N)!" Historia smiles at you with Ymir's arms wrapped around her shoulder, "Oh! Hey Historia, hi Ymir." you smile at the two.

You then walk to the couch, seeing Sasha and Connie sharing a bag of chips. Sneaking up to them silently and grabbing the bag, you hear Sasha screech which sends you sprinting outside the house. "Our chips!" screams Connie. You pass by Marco who greets you, you greet him whilst zooming past him in an effort to escape the two chasing you.

"Jean!" you call him, he stops his bickering and sees you running for your life from Connie and Sasha. You tackle him, luckily he catches you and maintains his balance.

So here you were, gripping onto your boyfriend's shirt for dear life as you gripped the bag of chips tightly. The two chasing you started screaming and tried to get the chips from you.

He just stands there confused, holding onto you and trying to calm down Sasha and Connie. "Jesus christ! We'll get you more chips just calm down!" he nearly yells, they flinch and stop trying to pry you off of him. You let go of Jean and stand beside him, popping a chip into your mouth before smirking.

Everyone else who watched the scene unfold sighed and shook their heads. 'This is gonna be a long drive' They all thought.

~~

"HORSES!" screams an excited Eren, "Jean look, it's your family!" Connie teases.

You hear Jean mutter curses under his breath, you giggle and insert your hand in his. He softens at your touch and lets out a sigh.

"Let's just enjoy, okay? Let them have their fun." you whisper to him, he kisses your cheek and checks his camera which was dangling around neck thanks to the strap.

You look at the animals in awe, who knew Historia had a family farm somewhere in the countryside? She offered to have the whole group go there to stay for a few days as a vacation, plus it would be cheaper than renting a room or staying at a hotel. So of course everyone was on board.

Jean started taking pictures of all the different animals whilst you and a few of your friends started feeding them. You held a carrot to feed to one of the horses, "They're so pretty!" says Armin. You nod eagerly as you start to stroke the mane of the same horse you fed.

You continue petting the horse, hearing the 'click' of a camera, you smile at Jean who took a picture of you. He grins at you, "Hey Jean-bo." you joke.

"Having fun?" he asks you, wrapping an arm around your waist. "Mm-hmm!" you reply, you see everyone else having fun with the other animals. As well as Sasha freaking out about how she almost got her hand eaten when she fed another horse.

"C'mon guys! Let's eat dinner, Ymir and I cooked some food!" Historia shouts from the open dining area by the barn. Sasha and Connie ran the moment they heard the word 'food', everyone started walking from wherever they were staying.

Gathering at the dining area to be greeted by the sweet aroma of the meal they prepared, (Y/F/F) to be exact. Your eyes lit up, you sat down with Jean beside you. Everyone started eating so you did too, "This is really good, Historia."

"Thanks!" she smiles, starting to eat, "Oh, you guys can pick out your rooms and settle in. There are 6 rooms so you can distribute however you like.'' Everyone nods as they continue eating.

~~

You enter one of the rooms, luggage in hand to reveal 2 big beds. You fall face flat onto the beds, completely abandoning your belongings at the end of it.

"I'm so tired and I need to unpack." you whine, Jean chuckles and sits beside you.

"You can do that later, I have something to show you." He tried to pull you off the bed but you continued to whine.

"It's dark outside, what are you even gonna show me?" you sigh, sitting up.

"You'll see, now let's go." Jean nearly pulls you out of the room and starts dragging you, luckily you gain your footing and follow him.

He brings you to an opening in the forest with trees surrounding, the stars in the sky shining brightly. You look up in amazement, your eyes lit up like a child's.

"Look at the stars, they look brighter than they do in the city." you say, chuckling to yourself. "Why'd you bring me here?" you ask him.

"I just wanted us to have a moment for ourselves, we'll be busy for the rest of the week and you know how chaotic our friends are." He shrugs, sitting down on the grass. Gesturing for you to do the same, you sit beside him.

"That's unusual of you to do." you say, putting a finger under your chin. "Hey! Can't I do anything romantic for my girlfriend?" he complains.

"I was just joking, Jean!" you laugh out, "I really appreciate this, though." you reassure him, he lets out a sigh of relief and smiles.

"Well I'm glad to hear that, (Y/N)."