𝖼𝗎𝖽𝖽𝗅𝖾𝗌 | 𝖻𝖾𝗋𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗅𝖽𝗍 𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋

[modern au]

The annoying beeping of an alarm clock woke you up from your peaceful slumber. Groaning, you nearly slam your hand down on it to turn it off. It read '9:57'. As you tried to move your position to go back to sleep, you felt an arm wrapped around your waist in a firm hold.

Turning around, the sight of a sleeping Bertholdt was seen. You pressed a kiss to his forehead as an attempt to wake him up, he squinted his eyes in his sleep and let out incoherent mumbles.

"It's time to get up, Bert." you whispered, tracing his cheekbone with your thumb. He only pulled you towards him, "Go back to sleep." he said half-asleep. Giggling, you peppered his face in kisses causing him to open his eyes. His tired pale green eyes ogling into yours as he lets out a tired yawn, he pecks your lips softly.

"Can't we stay in bed longer? It's a Saturday." he says in a sleepy voice, burying his face in your chest. "But we have plans with everyone, we're eating lunch out. Reiner and Zeke are gonna ride with us."

Bertholdt groans, closing his eyes. "10 more minutes."

You finally agreed, falling back asleep. Those 10 minutes ended up becoming an hour and you were awaken at the sound of the bedroom door being slammed open. Both you and Bertholdt jolted up at the sudden sound. Looking at the door, there stood a very pissed of Reiner with Zeke smirking behind him.

"We have been waiting outside for 20 minutes, neither of you answered your phones! I had to use the key under the mat to get in only to see you two asleep." Reiner basically yelled, putting his hands on his hips.

Groggily getting up, you walked past Reiner and greeted Zeke then made you way to the bathroom to get ready. Bertholdt got up too and fixed the bed, "Wait in the living room, sorry guys."

The two blondes sit down on the couch, turning on the tv to watch whatever program was on while Bertholdt was making a cup of coffee in the kitchen. "Why'd you guys even oversleep? Did something happen last night?" Zeke asks, pushing his glasses up.

"We slept a little late playing Mario Kart and she kept on cursing whenever she didn't get first place." was his calm reply, sitting down on the couch and sipping the hot beverage in his hands.

"I thought you guys were fuc-" Reiner's sentence was interrupted when you smacked the back of his head harshly. "It's your turn, Bert." you smile at your tall boyfriend, he finishes his drink and leaves the room.

Zeke was quietly laughing at Reiner, bringing his phone out to text the group of the situation. You fixed the hem of your white blouse as you tucked it in your black slacks, slipping on a pair of heels. "You know even if you wear heels you'll be shorter than everyone else, right?" Reiner teases.

You sent him a cold glare, "Don't make me regret letting you ride with us, i will ditch you." You then turn to Zeke who was still on his phone, "How's your little brother, Zeke? Doing well in College?"

Zeke nods eagerly, "Ah yes, he's doing sports medicine." you smile at his response, "I always knew he had a knack of sports."

"Are you all ready to go?" Bertholdt's voice chimes in, grabbing the keys to the car and putting on his shoes. Looking at his attire, it was nice and casual. A white button-up with a blue sweater on-top and tan pants, you felt a nudge beside you. "You can drool over him later, let's go."

~~

The ride home was fairly quiet, it was just you and Bertholdt after all. Reiner and Zeke decided to stay behind and ride with the others since you wanted to leave early and sleep.

Gazing out the window, the bright lights from all the buildings and and establishments lit up the world. The soft music playing in the background while Bertholdt placed a hand on your thigh and the other was on the steering wheel.

"Everyone seems to be doing alright, that's good." you say, breaking the silence. Glancing over to the dark-haired man who's eyes were glued to the road, he squeezed your thigh softly and hummed in response.

"They really grew up, i mean so did we." he chuckles. Turning his hand on the wheel, you pull up into the driveway. The sound of the engine comes to an abrupt stop when Bertholdt takes the key out, stepping outside the car as you stepped out too.

Opening the door, you felt glad to be home. You were tired and in need of a nap after the tiresome day you had, so you kicked off your shoes and dropped your bag in its spot and made your way upstairs. The moment you entered your shared bedroom, you fell face first on the bed and took in its crispy linen scent.

A tired yawn escaped your mouth, you could fall asleep right then and there without bothering to get changed or wiping off any cosmetics you had on. It was as if the bed was calling to you and not wanting you to leave.

Bertholdt entered the room, smiling at your tired form. "(Y/N), don't you wanna change into something more comfortable?" he asks sweetly, sitting down beside you with his hand on your back.

"Too lazy." you murmur into the blanket, shaking your head. "You know, the sooner you get changed and ready for bed the sooner we can cuddle."

Those words alone made you get up and head to the bathroom, he knew how much you loved cuddling him because he was like a teddy bear to you. A tall and sweet teddy bear you loved to cuddle with in the morning and night. He grabbed a shirt and sweatpants from the closet and got changed, putting his worn clothes in a clothing hamper nearby.

You entered your room in your sleepwear, falling back on the bed and moving to your side. Bertholdt gets in beside you, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you close to him.

"I love you, goodnight." he says, stroking your hair. You bury your face into his chest, "Love you too, Bert."