How You Met

It was a usual day in the Cadet Corps, everyone was lined up to test the ODMG. You saw how Shadis praised Mikasa for staying still whilst she was lifted up. I mean, she did excel in everything here in training.

"Cadet (L/N)! You're next." Instructor Shadis yells, you nod and wrap the head around your waist. You took a deep breath to calm yourself down as a cadet slowly hoisted you up, you smiled when you didn't move a single bit.

Smiling at your friends who were silently cheering you on, you were then lowered and made your way back into your position. Standing and waiting for the next person to be called, "Cadet Jaeger!" Eren saluted and took the gear that was handed to him, wrapping it around his waist.

He was slowly lifted up, much to his dismay, he fell backwards and hit his head. "Jaeger get your ass up!" he was confused and scared. Lifting himself back up only to fall again, but face first.

Everyone started snickering and whispering to each other, some were concerned. You were quite confused as to why he failed that one test, he seemed to be doing decent on the rest so why this one?

You two never really talked, you just knew his name from the other cadets. The first time you saw him was when he had a fight with Jean in the mess hall, he seemed like such a hothead. A part of you hoped to talk to him and see how he was like, maybe you two would get along.

~~

"Armin!" You smile at your blonde friend, waving at him. He sheepishly smiles back and makes his way to you, "Hey, how was the rest of training?" you ask him.

"It was alright, sparring wasn't fun." he tells you, sighing a little. "Aw it's alright, you'll get better." you put an arm around his shoulder, smiling brightly while you two walked to the mess hall to meet up with the others.

"You're smart anyway, not every soldier needs to be physically strong. We need someone to knock some sense into us sometimes!" you continue, looking at him who was nervously nodding from your sudden actions. I mean he was like 5'3 and you were (shorter/taller) than him, it sucked but it didn't bother you in the slightest bit.

"Armin!" waves Eren, gesturing for his friend to sit with them. "I should get going." you tell Armin, he shakes his head. "You can sit with us, I'm sure they won't mind." he tells you.

"Eh? No it's alright I can sit with the others!" you resist, "(Y/N), sit with us." Mikasa says out of the blue, you feel your blood go cold. 'Why would she want me to sit with them? Did I do something wrong? Am I gonna die?' all these thoughts clouded your head.

"Well?" Eren's voice snapped you out of your trance, you nodded and sat beside Armin, Eren and Mikasa seated in front of you.

"I need your help, Mikasa! They might send me away if I fail to balance the gear." Eren whines, "I don't see what the problem is, all you have to do is stay still." Armin says.

"It's a bit odd that you're the only one who kept on flailing around with the gear? Everyone else did just fine, maybe the gear is the issue?" You suggest, "Although that's just my assumption, it could also be that you suck at balancing." shrugging while Eren shoots you a look.

"Hey! Just help me, okay? Shadis might send me away if I fail this!" Eren continues blabbering on and on. You, Armin, and Mikasa just continued eating until Mikasa shoved a piece of bread into Eren's mouth, making him stop. "No talking when your mouth is full." was all Mikasa said.

~~

It was early in the morning and all the cadets were lined up again for Eren's final test. All night, the 3 of you were lecturing Eren on how to do it properly. Now, it was the moment of truth.

He was lifted up slowly by a cadet by the name of Thomas, Eren shifted a little but managed to stay up. Out of nowhere, he falls again on the ground face first. You notice his gear seems damaged, the lock of the gear kept on moving while Eren was still hoisted up trying to gain his composure.

"Instructor Shadis." you raise your hand, he looks at you before answering "What is it, Cadet?" he inquires.

"Sir, Cadet Jaeger's gear seems damaged, look at the buckle." you then lower your hand and stand there, people looking at you then Eren.

"Is that so? Thomas, lend your gear to Cadet Jaeger." Thomas nods and does so, Eren wearing his gear and being hoisted up again.

He doesn't fall this time and pumps his fist in the air, most of the cadets rejoice at this whilst Instructor Shadis just nods, "Alright then, you pass."

"Good job, Eren!" Armin walks over to his friend, you and Mikasa follow. "You did it!" you smile at him, Mikasa nods as a way of showing approval.

"Thanks you guys!" Eren laughs, 'Cute' you thought. Suddenly shaking your head and blushing a little.