jaws | porco galliard

You sat down on the bed near a sleeping Reiner who was still resting after having suffered an artillery fire. The ends of your black and white dress barely hovering over the ground due to its long length, stretching your arms up with a yawn. Porco walked in the room with a sandwich and drink in hand as well as pen and paper, you gave him a wave as he sat down passing the mug to you. You thanked him and took a sip of the hot coffee from it, "I think he's having a nightmare. Should we wake him up?"

He looked at Reiner for a second before shaking his head, "Don't. Let him." he said and started writing something on the paper. Soon becoming bored you laid down on the bed, your back touching the soft sheets you desperately missed. "Two months seemed like a long time, don't you think? It's been a while since I've last been out of that damn crystal."

Porco gave a light chuckle as he bit into his sandwich, "I know, it was so funny seeing you just standing there all day and night until they made me bite you out of it."

"Yeah and your titan's teeth broke in the process of that. God I hated it, good thing we're finally home." you played with the hem of your sleeves, "But I have a feeling it'll only be for a very short time."

"Don't be too down about it, you already knew that it was always gonna be like this when you joined." he shrugged, facing you. Leaning forward you brought you hand up to his face, cupping his cheeks and using your thumb to wipe away a crumb from the sandwich he was eating. In doing this Porco's cheeks flushed red and he grew flustered, "You didn't need to do that, I'm not a kid."

You giggled, "I know, but I wanted to." was the reply he got back. He could never understand why you acted the way you did or what exactly went through your mind, he couldn't even understand why an Eldian Noble like you who was technically a Marleyan even bothered interacting with honorary Marleyans like him and the rest of the Warriors. If it were any other person in your position they wouldn't be this friendly or close, so why?

"I really don't understand you." he sighed placing his hand on top of yours gingerly, his thumb gliding along the top of your hand. "Hm? What's there to not understand?" you asked.

He instead shook his head, not wanting to press further on the issue. "Nothing, it's fine." And continued writing. You noticed that Reiner was stirring in his sleep until he eventually woke up in cold sweat with his arm up, "Wait!"

"It sounded like you were having a nice dream so I decided not to wake you up." Porco said as he took a bite of his snack. Reiner looked over, "I still haven't given you my thanks for earlier, Galliard. I owe you one."

"No you don't. It wasn't you who I saved. I just saved my motherland of Marley from losing the armor as a result of you screwing up. And anyway, none of this would have happened if they chose me for the Paradis operation nine years ago and let me inherit the armor. My brother never would have protected you before getting himself eaten by a random titan." Upon hearing that you decided to leave the room to give them privacy as this was their conversation to have and you had no part in this.

On the train ride back you stood beside Reiner in the train car with warrior candidates where a drunk Colt had Gabi on his shoulders chanting loudly, believe it or not you and Pieck snuck him that drink as a treat. "They need to stop giving my brother drinks and Gabi gets carried away so easily too." Falco commented.

"Still, It does seem like Gabi will be the one to inherit the armor." Reiner replied. Falco lowered his head a bit, "That's right. You only have two years left in your term. If everything keeps going this way and that girl who idolizes you over there ends up inheriting the armor Gabi will live to be twenty-seven. That is, if an artillery shell doesn't take her down first. Is that... fine with you?"