𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾 | 𝗃𝖾𝖺𝗇 𝗄𝗂𝗋𝗌𝖼𝗁𝗍𝖾𝗂𝗇

( set in an au if jean had joined military police + timeskip )
(credits to zekerets  for naming the kitten in this chapter!)

Setting down the chopping board on your kitchen counter you took out the washed vegetables from the bowl and set it down, taking out the knife from its stand you got to work making lunch for you and your family.

Upon hearing the shuffling of feet and a small yawn you turned your head to see your 5 year old son Marco, who was named after a late friend of your husband's, already up from his nap. Crouching down to his height you ruffled his two-toned hair as he let out a giggle, "Mama, stop!"

"Why don't you play in the backyard while i make lunch? It's your favourite, omelettes!" your son's (e/c) eyes lit up at the mention of the dish and ran out to let you finish cooking.

Chucking, you grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and cracked a few eggs in it to be whisked. Combining the vegetables with the whisked eggs you lit the fire in the stove and poured the eggs in the heated pan.

Setting down 3 plates at the table you put an omelette in each plate decorating it with vegetables at the side and ketchup on top. Wiping your hands on your apron you noticed your son sitting by the steps holding something in his hands.

"Marco? What are you holding?" you opened the door and knelt beside him, peeking over his shoulder to see a small white and dirtied kitten in his hands. He looked over to you with his lower lip sticking out, "Can we keep him?"

Sighing you looked at his knee which was scraped and asked for him to go inside, "We can keep him but let's patch up your knee, you should've told me you got hurt."

The small kitten meowed happily as it rubbed its nose on your son's hand. Marco sat down on the couch in the living room swinging his legs with the kitten on his lap playing with him, you brought out the disinfectant and bandages from the first aid kit.

"Hey mama, how do you know how to treat my scratches easily?" he asks with his eyes glinting in curiosity. You looked up at him with a smile before dabbing the cotton ball with disinfectant on his knee, "You see, honey. I was a nurse before, i took care of people and treated them. That's how i met your dad."

"Then why aren't you a nurse anymore?" he tilts his head to the side.

"Well I had you, and the place i worked at was dangerous. You see, i was a junior nurse working at the frontline treating those who were injured from fighting the titans. Your dad was a cadet when i met him and his squad got hurt so he came to me and that's how we started talking." you pinched his nose, wiping the wet towel you held in your hand on his face.

"You saw titans? I thought only dad did.." he trailed off, trying to remember the bedtime his father had told him.

"I saw a lot of titans, they were big and scary! And the small titans looked so weird, they could just scoop you up!" you yelled and carried your son up high making him laugh loudly with the cat snoozing away on the couch.

"I wanna help people too! I wanna be a nurse like you and help people when they fight titans." he pumps his fist in the air. "A nurse, like me? That'll make me really happy."

The front door opened with Jean entering his home slipping off his jacket, "Papa!" you son wriggled from your grasp and ran into his father's arms. Jean let out a laugh ruffling his hair, "Why's there a cat on the couch?"

"Marco picked up a stray from our backyard and wants to keep him, i think it'll be nice for him to have a companion." you walked to Jean, pressing a tender kiss to his lips.

"Her name is Quinn!" Marco grins holding up the kitten who meowed at Jean and poked her paw out. Jean leant closer to the cat until the paw eventually touched his nose. You felt yourself squeal at the interaction between Jean and the kitten.

"Quinn, huh? Well we can keep her but she needs a bath." Jean nodded his head in confirmation, "Marco, let Quinn sleep on the couch and wash your hands for lunch."

Marco nodded his head and ran into the kitchen. Looking over at Jean who had a goofy smile on his face you giggled, "What's with that smile?"

"You make me so unbelievably happy, so thank you." he wrapped his arms around your waist burying his face in the crook of your neck. You placed a hand on his back and another on the top of his head, "I should be thanking you. Thank you for working so hard to provide for our family, thank you for being an amazing father, but most of all thank you for chasing after me." you kissed the top of his head.

Jean looks at you with a smirk, "You were always hard to get, you rejected me for months that even Marco told me to give up. Well look at us now, hah! You're mine forever."

Raising an eyebrow you grabbed his cheeks with your hand and brought his face closer to yours, "You're not shaving, that 'stubble' of yours is becoming a goatee." you said and let go of his face.

"It looks cool!" he argues with a hand on his hip, "Honey, you're 24."

Jean mumbles something under his breath as you walk into the kitchen and wash your hands, sitting down at the table Jean enters the kitchen as his eyes light up at his favourite dish prepared for him.

He hurriedly washes his hands and sits at his chair, "You made omelettes, exactly like mom's!"

"You seemed tired from work lately so i made this to cheer you up." you picked up your fork and picked up a piece of the food with a smile, "You deserve it."

Jean grinned, he was truly grateful for his family and for his life. He was happy with the decision he made to join the Military Police and to pursue his now wife, he was happy with the son he had who resembled him so much but also held the same determination you had.

Jean finally got his happy ending, the one he deserved.