𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝗂𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗐𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗄𝗂𝖽𝗌 | 𝖺𝗋𝗆𝗂𝗇 𝖺𝗋𝗅𝖾𝗋𝗍

The happy screams of children as they ran around the field brought a grin to your face, their smiles and giggles were something that brightened your day.

It was surprising how a new change of environment made the orphans from the underground so happy, they enjoyed playing outside and socialising with one another.

Lifting the wooden crate filled with necessities for the children, you made your way to the barn where they slept. You greeted a few of the kids who greeted back before running off to play.

You set the crate down, making sure it's aligned with the others neatly. "Just a few more, maybe the others are getting it already." you said to yourself.

As you made your way to get more crates, you noticed some of the kids pulling Sasha's hair and pulling on Connie's mouth while Mikasa watched with a crate in her arms. Historia was scolding two kids and Eren, Armin, and Jean were leaned up against the fence chatting.

Historia made her way to the boys, yelling at them for slacking off. Armin and Jean each grabbed something to carry and made their way while Eren and Historia picked up boxes, walking a little behind them to chat.

Grabbing a crate, you let out a tired sigh and rub the sweat for your forehead. "The sun is gonna set, that means dinner is soon and i'm hungry!"

Sasha laughs, running up to you. "You said it, i can't wait to eat."

As you plopped the last crate down in its spot, you walked to a nearby tree and sat against its bark. Taking in deep breaths, you stared into the sunset. Its warm hues painted across the sky as the world grew quiet, the faint giggles of children getting ready for bed.

Closing your eyes and taking in the peaceful moment, Armin was looking for you. He was worried that you were no where to be found and that no one else saw you, that was until he spotted a small figure sitting by a tree.

He laughed to himself seeing his girlfriend taking a break and spacing off again, this was a habit you had and it always amused him. Quietly sitting beside you, he leans against the tree and holds your hand.

"Hey, you okay?" he asks you, rubbing his thumb across the back of your hand. You only hummed in reply and opened your eyes to be greeted by the sight of Armin's ocean blue eyes.

"Just thinking." you replied, directing your gaze back on the sunset. "What if Wall Maria never fell, what if Bertholdt decided to not kick the gate? Would we repeat the same routine everyday until we die?"

"Maybe we wouldn't have met the others, our families would be alive and everything would be back to normal." you tell him, "Where did Reiner and Bertholdt come from.. why are they doing this?"

Armin looked at you worriedly, "You sure you're okay?"

"I am, i'm just trying to imagine what life would be like differently." you sigh, "But it's for the best, right? We came so far and we're close to learning everything."

"Either way, i still would've told you i love you." he smiles, "I guess even if we didn't meet like we did back then, i think i'll still fall for you."

Raising an eyebrow, you look at him who held a calm and happy expression. "I don't know if i told you this, but i've been in love with you since we were little. I just never had the guts to tell you until a while back, but i've loved you for years."

Your mouth was left agape, surprised at his sudden confession. "When i saw you, you were different. You weren't like the usual girls i would just look at when they passed by me in the streets, something about you made me want to say hi."

What he said was completely true, you two met because you bumped into each other in the streets early on in your childhood. You were walking to the bookstore with a book in your hand that was actually one of Armin's favourite books, he tapped your shoulder and introduced himself. That was the start of a friendship that lasted years until it became a romantic relationship.

He only had the courage to confess to you at some point in the Cadet Corps when some of the boys wouldn't stop teasing him about you and the explained to him why he should confess as soon as possible. Lucky for him, you felt the same way.

"You're special, (Y/N). You're so strong-willed and you always go out of your way to help others, you always cheer up everyone and i've seen how you handle the lost kids during evacuation. No matter how tired or injured you are, you never stop." he explains, "Not only that but you're beyond beautiful, your (E/C) eyes and (H/C) hair that never ceases to be a sweet sight to see."

His heartwarming speech brought you to tears. Sniffling and rubbing the tears out of your eyes, Armin got even more worried. "(Y-Y/N)! I'm sorry, i didn't mean to make you cry!"

You hugged him, burying your face in the crook of his neck while you continued sniffling. "No it's okay, your speech was just so sweet."

He ran a hand through your hair, trying his best to console you and calm you down even if he was freaking out deep inside. He had no intention of making you cry but only wanted to express his feelings.

"Please don't cry, it's unlike you." he says, rubbing circles on your back. You pull away from the hug, nodding and rubbing your eyes.

"I'm okay now, thank you Armin." you let out a small giggle, he immediately brightens at your happy demeanour. Pressing his lips on yours softly, relief washes over him and you.

"I love you, you know that?" you ask, "Of course i know that, i love you too." was his reply.