Drunk Meetings | Dot Pyxis

What was the worst possible thing to happen during a meeting in the Garrison? Being drunk off your ass, now everyone was used to Commander Pyxis being a little tipsy during meetings since the man was known to be eccentric and a drinker.

You on the other hand got carried away drinking with Pyxis, usually you wouldn't drink a lot before a meeting but today you were stressed. So when he offered a drink, you were happy to accept and drink your pains away.

Which brings us to the meeting at hand, the Commander, the Captains, and Squad Leaders were discussing the repairs of the walls. The Wall didn't need repairs but the lifts and cannons, this was because of the recent incident with the Colossus Titan.

You and Pyxis arrived at the meeting room, Pyxis as usual had a pink tint on his face from drinking while you were gripping on the door to balance yourself.

"Hey hey hey! What's happening?" you slurred, making your way to the table and occasionally tripping. Captain Kitz Woermann looked at you with pure confusion at your state, Captain Carsten just looked to the side and tried avoiding the situation.

And Squad Leader Rico Brzenska sighed at your irresponsibility, "Captain (Y/N), did you drink?" she asked.

"Nooo, what made you say that?" you laughed, sitting in your seat and almost completely missing it. Pyxis laughs and sits down, bringing out the papers for the meeting.

"Commander, why did you go drinking before the meeting again? And why is (Y/N) drunk too?" Woermann asks, face palming and sighing.

"Now now, she was a little stressed so she wanted to let herself go a little. Let her be and let's continue with the meeting." Pyxis says, smiling to the people in the room and reading off one of the reports.

And so the meeting went, you made pointless suggestions from time to time and started laughing randomly but halfway into the meeting, you fell asleep on the desk. It was safe to say that everyone was relieved that you were sleeping peacefully and didn't have to deal with your nonsense.

In the end, Rico had to bring you to your room so you could sleep more comfortably. She was silently laughing to herself because she hoped to see you freak out the next day about waking up in your room when your last memory was drinking elsewhere.

~~

The loud chatter of the people outside caused you to groan and roll over in your bed, covering your head with a pillow and grumbling curses. You suddenly jolt up and trip on your blanket, falling to the ground.

"Why am I in my room? Why does my head hurt?" you sigh, getting up and walking to the bathroom to take a shower and fix your appearance for the day.

As you walked down the halls, you tried to recall the memories of the day before. Opening the door to the dining hall, you were greeted by everyone eating with their peers. You walked to the Superior's table, they were smiling brightly as if they were hiding something.

You grabbed a tray of food and sat down, "What happened yesterday?" you asked and took a bite of your food.

"You were drunk and started acting like a dumb ass." Rico said, "I had to carry you to your room."

"You usually never drink, what happened?" Carsten asked you, setting his utensils on his now empty tray of food.

"I got a little stressed, because of all the evacuations and the people protesting about Wall Maria." you sighed, shaking your head.

Woermann pat your back, "It's taking a toll on us too, just don't drink before meetings or any important events."

When you finished eating, you announced the patrol duties for the day and the squad assignments. Now it was the thing you dreaded to do, face Commander Pyxis and hope that he doesn't mention anything about the day before.

Walking to his office with a pile of papers, you hesitantly knocked on the door. Taking a deep breath and gripping the papers even tighter.

"Commander Pyxis, I have paperwork." you spoke, opening the door and peeking in. He was seated at his desk signing papers and taking a swig of scotch from a glass.

"Good morning, Captain. How was your sleep?" he asks you, looking up from his papers. You walk over to his desk and take a seat at the chairs situated in front of it, you set the papers down neatly.

"It was alright, sir. I'm sorry for drinking too much yesterday, I got carried away and probably acted like an idiot." you gave a light chuckle, getting a few pieces of paper and signing the ones you missed.

"It's alright, we all have our bad days. ''We should ask the titans to lift the materials to repair the lift' is actually a good idea if we knew any nice titans." he jokes, your face flushed red in embarrassment.

"I said that? I really must've let go." you moaned, covering your face with your hands. Pyxis laughs and takes another swig of the scotch, standing up and walking to a table with the bottle.

He refills his glass and grabs another, pouring the alcohol down and handing it to you. "Don't worry so much, have a drink."

You thank him and take the glass, drinking all of its contents and placing it on a table with a sigh. "Solve problems caused by alcohol with alcohol, can't go wrong there since we don't have a meeting."

"It'll all be okay, (Y/N). You're a strong and independent woman who always knows how to get back up on your feet, why do you think I made you captain?" he says, refilling the glass once again and taking a sip from his.

"Thank you, sir. That means a lot to me that you don't see me as a drunkard who always pushes my problems away."

"Well i don't think anyone sees you like that, you just need to have more faith in yourself." he replies, the two of you spend the day drinking and doing paperwork.

The occasional loud laughter emitting in the room caught the attention of the people outside, when they entered the room you and Pyxis were chatting happily with flushed faces and hiccuping non stop.